PDA

View Full Version : Are Delta/Luv Cribs *That* Bad?

elvisfan
08-17-2003, 02:27 PM
I loaned a friend my BB book-yeah, I know, dumb move-and forgot what the score was on these cribs. I looked up one on babiesrus.com and some of the reviews said that the crib was dangerous.Is there any truth to it? The crib I'm considering is the Jenny Lind styled crib.

kathsmom
08-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Hi, Elvisfan!

I have a Delta crib that we got for our DD 7 years ago. We paid probably 150.00 for it. We are now using it with our DS. Is it the absolute best crib? No, but it has worked out pretty well for us. I didn't know about Baby Bargains book when DD was born (was it published in 1996?) and we didn't want my FIL to spend a fortune on a crib, so we went cheap. I would make sure that any crib you purchase is certified by the JPMA for safety. I double checked mine when we set it up for DS and it was. To be safe, I measured all slat openings, etc. and my crib continues to meet the safety standards. You might also want to check out the CPSC website to see if there have been any recalls on any crib you are interested in.

Good luck with your crib search! HTH! Take care!

angusmom
08-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Delta's cribs meet all safety standards and they have been a solid manufacturer in the industry for a while. I wouldn't hesitate to put my baby in a Delta crib. But, there's also the old truth for anything. You get what you pay for. Delta's cribs are priced what they are priced at for a reason. They are functional and safe, but if you have high standards, it may not be for you. Think of it like the difference between a Chevy and a Mercedes. Many people drive Chevys and there's nothing wrong with them. But some people want that Mercedes and will only feel good if they have that level of car. Knowhatimean? Enjoy! :)

elvisfan
08-18-2003, 04:56 PM
>Delta's cribs meet all safety standards and they have been a
>solid manufacturer in the industry for a while. I wouldn't
>hesitate to put my baby in a Delta crib. But, there's also
>the old truth for anything. You get what you pay for.
>Delta's cribs are priced what they are priced at for a
>reason. They are functional and safe, but if you have high
>standards, it may not be for you. Think of it like the
>difference between a Chevy and a Mercedes. Many people drive
>Chevys and there's nothing wrong with them. But some people
>want that Mercedes and will only feel good if they have that
>level of car. Knowhatimean? Enjoy! :)
exactly-it's just the way the reviews on babiesrus com made it out like the crib was an accident waiting to happen! freaked me out;)

angusmom
08-19-2003, 01:41 PM
If you need a decent crib on a budget, you could also look into Generation 2 Worldwide, also know as ChilDesigns. A friend of mine had their Carolton crib from Kmart.com for like $115 and it was nice for the price. The drop side works smoothly and the crib does the job and saved them a ton of money. You can go to kmart.com and search on Carrollton Sleigh Crib in Cherry to see it, as an example. They also have their own web site, http://www.childesigns.com/ where you can see the whole line. I wanted to get the Carollton for my mom to have at her house and I emailed the manufacturer to ask questions about it and they were very nice (we ended up just getting a pack n play though).

Enjoy!

new_mommy25
08-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Speaking of Childesigns, Ebay has tons of them. You can get them at a really good price. I've also seen them on other websites like babystyle, babyage etc. I was strongly considering buying their crib, but in the end bought a Babi Italia from BRU because I felt safer buying a crib I had seen and felt in person.

elvisfan
08-20-2003, 08:19 AM
>Speaking of Childesigns, Ebay has tons of them. You can get
>them at a really good price. I've also seen them on other
>websites like babystyle, babyage etc. I was strongly
>considering buying their crib, but in the end bought a Babi
>Italia from BRU because I felt safer buying a crib I had
>seen and felt in person.
Who distributes these cribs on ebay?