PDA

View Full Version : ChildCraft 10171 Crib for $185 and free shipping

mwheeler
08-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I just found the ChildCraft 10171 crib for $185 with free shipping at Baby And Teen

https://shop.babyandteen.com/5.html

ChildCraft received an A rating in the book and this model of crib is called a best buy in Baby Bargains when buying from Target.com for $199 plus $20 shipping.

Mike

mommyj
08-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Did you order this crib? If so, what do you like/dislike about it?
TIA

mwheeler
08-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I did order it, just moments before starting this thread. I like that it shipped the day after I ordered it (yesterday). I like that ChildCraft cribs got an A rating in the Baby Bargains book, and I like that they mentioned this model in particular as a good buy. And I like that this place is selling it for $35 less than what the author's of the book consider a particularly good deal. Until the crib arrives I can't specifically say what I like about it.

mommyj
08-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks!

jbowman
08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Thank you for your great post! My husband and I had picked out a different crib (a Sorelle crib that looked very similar to the 10171). We planned to make a big trip to Dallas and pick it up this weekend. I was looking through the message boards tonight and noticed your message. You saved us a bunch of time and money! I just ordered the crib on-line and can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks again!

mwheeler
08-26-2003, 07:06 PM
I received the crib today, delivered by UPS.

I am very happy with it. It seems very stable, much more so than the cribs I saw at Babies R Us and Baby Depot. The difference is at least partly because this one is brand new and the cribs on display have been fiddled with and abused by hundreds or thousands of people.

It seems very well made and high quality, especially for less than $200. My only wish is for hidden slider hardware, but I knew before buying it that it was exposed.

Mike