PDA

View Full Version : info and deals on shermag reclining glider?

girlprof
08-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi,

My husband and I tried out all the gliders at Babies R Us and we really like the shermag deluxe reclining glider. But it says this is a new model. Does anyone have experience with this chair? Is it holding up? Also, BRU is charging $450 for the chair and $150 for the ottoman! Does anyone know where we might get them for less? Thanks so much!!!

Sarah

Dcclerk
08-21-2003, 11:22 AM
I was told that the glider at BRU is made exclusively for BRU. If that is the case, if that is the one you love, you'll have to get it there. I have a slightly different looking but equally if not more comfortable one that I bought from Good Night Ben. It's called the round back glider and I absolutely love it. Here's a link ... http://www.goodnightben.com/gliders/sg/model/211748.htm I have to admit that I think that I paid just about the same as the one at BRU but it was free shipping, no tax and had better (for me) options for the fabric. Everyone who tries it agrees that it is the best glider they have ever sat on. And, as someone who finds gliders to be pretty unattractive, this one isn't that bad:)

krmorgan
09-19-2003, 03:59 PM
My husband and I like the same glider. I tried to find it online at another retailer by going through 11 pages of results on Google. Each time I found the exact chair, the store would link me to amazon.com and the price was always 449.99 and 149.99. I believe the post before mine that it must be exclusive to BRU/Amazon. Please let me know if you find a better alternative. Good luck!

Kelly EDD 11/22/03

cmferrara
09-22-2003, 08:28 AM
My husband and I recently saw a Dutailier reclining glider at Buy Buy Baby ( http://www.buybuybaby.com ), if I recall correctly the recliner, cushions, and ottoman combined were cheaper than the Shermag at BrU. BTW Buy Buy Baby does not sell much furniture on their website.

Second time parents
09-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Hi. Probably too late, but we stuck with the proven leader, Dutalier and purchased the 11789 recliner multi lock chair with comfort+ cushions at www.rockingchairstore.com for $485 and it was shipped to our house.

girlprof
09-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Hello again,

Sometimes you just get lucky. I think this glider probably is only at BRU and it's the one we love so we went to get it last weekend. We couldn't find it at first so we went to customer service and there was one - with a big sale tag on it! Turns out they had lost the box, so we got it for 20% off, plus they let us use the $20 coupon that came in the mail! Not sure how anyone else could make use of this information though - maybe sneak into the store room and make off with the boxes? We love the glider.

Sarah

redeemed
10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi Sarah,
Which coupon is this? I just ordered a Shermag sleigh glider ... and I tried to use the ToysRus coupon I got from the TRU flyer I picked up, but they said that the coupon I had was only good for $20 off a Glider/Ottoman combo, and I didn't want to buy the ottoman.

I just signed up to get BRU coupons, but they said I should expect
anything for 12 weeks. Did you get your coupon from BRU? and does
it specify Glider or Ottoman or is it Glider/Ottoman combo?

Thanks, Vera