PDA

View Full Version : Help! PLay Yard sheets for baby Trend Play Yard...

new_mommy25
08-27-2003, 06:24 PM
I have the Baby Trend PLay Yard, which has the changing table and a 1/2 size bassinet.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000068PA2/qid=1062025875/br=1-14/ref=br_lf_ba_14//103-0730255-4355030?v=glance&s=baby&n=542468
I had actually registered for a Graco, but recieved this one instead, and am pleased.
I finally set it up today and put it in the living room, as a place for baby to nap and an extra changing station.
I bought some Nojo sheets from BRU. They only had large but I assumed that I could always tuck the excess underneath. However that didn't really work because the sheets are Terry and therefore quite bulky. I couldn't get a tight fit at all, and quite frankly, don't want to be struggling every time I change the sheets.
I was at Target today and saw some Carter's Tykes pack n play sheets. These one are just a basic cotton so they are a lot thinner. I was going to buy them but thought I should get your opinions first. (Graco also has sheets but they seem to get such bad reviews)
Would the cotton sheets be easier to tuck excess around since they are thinner than terry?
Instead of pack and play sheets should I buy bassinet sheets? I'm not sure if the bassinet sheets are the same dimensions, I will have to measure.
Also does anyone put a waterproof pad underneath their pack n play sheets? Carters has some bassinet sized waterproof pads which I thought might be easier than having to wipe down the matress if there is an accident.
Thanks very much, sorry this post is so long. Any advice is much appreciated. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
08-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Is this a different size than standard Pack n Plays?

Or are you looking for a sheet for just the bassinette part? I think that what people do is put the sheet on the mattress and then just fold it with the mattress. Or does this one have a separate mattress for the bassinette?

The best pack n play sheets are the Kushies ones because they are flannel and very soft. They have elastic all the way around. Get them at http://www.kidsurplus.com and I think they have bassinette sheets too.

I do use a waterproof pad under the sheet. It doesn't cover the whole mattress, but it gets most of it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

new_mommy25
08-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Oh yes, that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Instead of putting the sheet on the matress and folding it up, I had been trying to shove excess sheet underneath the already folded matress. Thanks for the tip and link. I ordered some Kushies because I don't think the terry on the Nojo is very soft, though it could be due to the fact that I haven't washed it yet.