PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Classica I Mattress -- is this a good deal?

rardnek
08-28-2003, 12:15 PM
I just saw this mattress on Kid Surplus for $95.99 -- including shipping.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/mattress1.html

This is the mattress I was considering -- is this as good of a deal as it comes? I wondering if I should go ahead and buy it, even though the baby won't get here til December. Although I just bought my crib, I won't be able to set it up for a while b/c we are having some work done on our house.

So.. I don't really need the mattress yet, but was wondering if I should take advantage of a good deal, or just hold out til closer to the due date.

Thanks,

Kendra

Momof3Labs
08-28-2003, 01:11 PM
www.babycatalog.com has had it for about the same price for the last year (since we ordered ours). That doesn't mean that the price will last, of course.

I'd say that if you have the money now, then go ahead and buy it now. It is unlikely IMO that you will find it cheaper than that in the next six months, unless you stumble on a floor sample sale or something.

hlo
08-30-2003, 10:37 AM
I have never been able to get my son to sleep on the Classica....If I could do it all again (and I still may), I would have purchased one of the (still safe)less brick-like mattresses out there....

Heather

houseof3boys
08-30-2003, 04:37 PM
I agree with Lori, if you have the $$ then get it now but that is what we paid earlier this year from Babycatalog too. You just never know when the "deal" might be over or if you will find a better deal if you wait.

Edited to add that you could always keep checking the sites because there are always coupons for free shipping or a % off. Go through ebates so you can get even more $$ off too.