PDA

View Full Version : Morigeau-Lepine...Ugh too slow!

jec2
08-29-2003, 06:55 PM
So, I ordered my Morigeau furniture in April at just two months pregnant (I thought I was maybe being a bit too premature). Yet, here it is almost five months later and I still don't have my furniture. I know BB book said they were slow on delivery, but five months!

The first ETA was the beginning of July. Not a problem. Then the local store called and let me know of a delay and that it wouldn't be here until beginning of August. Ok, not a problem, still don't have the room cleared out yet, we can wait.

At the beginning of August I called to schedule delivery and they said, "Well your crib is here but not the dresser or crib drawer, it won't arrive until end of August." Ok, getting it would be great, but I guess I can wait a few more weeks.

Well, in the last three days I've talked with the store multiple times and she is at her wits end. Morigeau was supposed to put our stuff on the truck yesterday and they didn't. Now Morigeau says it will be another 2 1/2 weeks. The store, thankfully, has been great. She told Morigeau that one way or another they have to have that stuff here ASAP and she didn't care how they did it. She also mentioned to me that one customer is still awaiting a changing table for her baby...who is already 2 months old! Thank goodness I still have some time before my babe arrives. And, thank goodness that I ordered as early as I did. I just hope the furniture makes it here before the baby at this point!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that when the BB book talks about slow delivery and Morigeau it really is no joke.

lmintzer
09-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Wow, how awful! At least you ordered early, as you say. We are interested in ordering either Morigeau or Ragazzi, and we have a lot less time than you did. (I'm 25 weeks along now).

Has anyone else had a DIFFERENT (more positive) experience with either of these companies?

Did you order anything unusual from Morigeau? We were looking at the 6200 series in Natural (and for Ragazzi, the Shaker Country Charms series in Natural with a darker trim).

Thanks--and good luck!

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Little Winter Bundle, e.d.d., 12/15/03

schums
09-01-2003, 05:50 PM
We had a MUCH better experience with Morgeau. We ordered the furniture in late November (I think) and it arrived in about 6 weeks, which was WAY less time than they had told us. Origianally, we were told it would be late January (at the earliest) before it would be delivered due to Christmas shutdown, etc. Needless to say, we were thrilled when it came early.

Sarah

jec2
09-01-2003, 10:41 PM
No, I don't believe we ordered anything unusual--crib, crib drawer, and combo unit. We ordered from their newest series, 8000, but were told that production on these pieces would be May. So, really, our original delivery date of early July seemed really reasonable. Perhaps its my location as Santa Barbara isn't the closest city and easiest one to get to...there really isn't an "as the crow flies" route.

Anyway, I am hoping that it all will arrive before baby!

petersmom
09-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Juliet,
sorry to hear your dilema.
I had ordered the 8000 series as well last summer, Beginning of June from Canada. I was told 12 weeks at the most! Well it was 14 weeks later and no furniture. I can empathize with your frustration, our hormones can also get the best of us. I was fortunate that I already had a crib, because the dresser, hutch and twin bed did not arrive until 18 weeks. Two weeks after I gave birth with a c-section!!! Anyway, I also used a bassinet for the the first month ( less bending).
Although we had these delays, I love my furniture!!! I would order again when I have no time restrictions.
Good Luck,
Petersmom

Chereya
09-05-2003, 10:22 AM
I ordered my Ragazzi crib in mid-July and was told by my store that it would be 4-6 weeks from the time that they put the order in until it was delivered. Ragazzi was closed for the entire month of July so the order wouldn't get put in until August 4. 3 weeks later on the 25th they called to say that the crib was ready to be picked up. I was surprised and really pleased about the quick service. I'll be going to get it tomorrow and am crossing my fingers that everything is there and in good condition for us to put together at home.

Chereya