PDA

View Full Version : DC area - Great Beginnings coupons

leslie10
08-30-2003, 09:16 AM
hi everyone!
We finally found a crib we would like to order from Great Beginnings. I've seen posts before here about 15% coupons they put out, but I haven't been able to find any. Anyone here know where I can get one or have an extra? I'd really appreciate any help you may have...15% off can really add up when you're spending $400! I'll come pick it up if need be...

thanks,
Leslie

expecting #1 on 12/2/03!

firstbaby
08-31-2003, 07:10 AM
Hi Leslie:

I hope I'm not too late with my reply - I had called GB myself about those coupons and the woman on the phone said they had some extras there that they could give me. I'm sure if you asked, they would honor it for you. She also said that they don't have another coupon out now but will run another one soon and they have them in the Clipper magazine. By the way - they will not let you use it towards some manufacturers such as Legacy. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Erica
EDD 1/7/04

leslie10
09-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Erica,
thanks so much for the reply! You aren't too late...I figured a lot of people probably wouldn't be around labor day weekend so we thought we'd wait and see if there were any responses before we bought the crib. I will call them and see what they say, and hopefully there will be no problem getting a coupon. What is the Clipper, by the way? I've never heard of it. Could it be something that's only put out in Maryland? (we live in Va.)

thanks again,
Leslie

peanutandpumpkinsmom
09-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Hi there.
Just thought I'd let you know. My husband called there today & they said the coupons expired 8/31. They also told him about a VIP club that you may join if you spend a certain amount & it gives you a discount.
The coupons are not good on Pali/Legacy they said.

Oh, and the Clipper is that little magazine w/ coupons in it. I don't know where in VA you are, but we get it here in Arlington.

Good luck!!

brooksmom
09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
I called and they said they did 3 mailings to the DC,metro VA, and MD suburbs. The manager I spoke to explained that that this was their first try at coupons.
Everytime I have ever bothered to compare their prices, they were competitive, plus their staff is the best for knowledge.
We are members of the VIP club you mentioned. The way it was explained to us was that once you spend $2000+, then they give you a card that has a sliding discount scale. It all adds up to about 10% off. We used it to save alot on gates and safety stuff for the little monster. Best of luck.
Randi

leslie10
09-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Randi,
Did they just do those mailings or were those the mailings they did that expired end of August? I called Tues and was told the same thing about the coupons expiring, but when I asked when they were coming out with a new round the woman told me she didn't know. We have 3 more mos. until the baby comes, and we are planning on using a moses basket or pak n play for the first month or more, so if more coupons are coming we would like to wait to order the crib. We're looking at a Sorelle so I think the 15% would apply.

thanks everyone!
Leslie

(oh by the way, we're in Alexandria)

firstbaby
09-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi Leslie:

The woman I spoke to last week said that they will be coming out with new coupons shortly - I thought she said three more before January but I do have pregnancy brain so may be making that up ;) Being three months away, you may want to ask them how long shipping will take or maybe they have it in stock. If it will take 12 weeks, you may be cutting it too close to wait for a coupon.

Baby 2 Teen in Manassas has a coupon out for 10% off if you buy 2 or more pieces of furniture. Their prices aren't as competitive as Great Beginnings but they don't restrict which manufacturers you can use the coupon on.

BTW - My SIL got her Sorelle crib from BuyBuy Baby in Rockville and they had her crib in stock.

Hope this helps a little :)

akc
09-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi - Just got off the phone with Great Beginnings. There is going to be a coupon in Families magazine (? I think that's it, but they'd tell you again if you call) for 15% starting October 1st. If you can wait until then - you'll be sure to get the deal.

Alexa

leslie10
09-16-2003, 02:40 PM
thanks Alexa! I was just going to give up looking for the coupon and order the crib today...I guess we'll wait until then!

Leslie

zuzu
09-23-2003, 08:21 AM
I live only a few miles from Great Beginnings and we get the Clipper magazine with the 15 % off coupon every month or two. There aren't any big purchases we'll need to make there for a while, so I'd be happy to save the Clipper coupon for you when it comes. Hopefully you'll be able to find the one in Families before then though. Another possibility is that Buy Buy Baby sends out coupons too, and also accepts coupons from other local stores. But I'm not sure whether they have the crib you want.

Good luck!

leslie10
10-02-2003, 01:06 PM
thanks, zuzu, for the offer! (I haven't been online in a while and
just saw your message). I stopped into a children's bookstore
yesterday and got the Washington Families magazine out Oct
1 and there it was. Thanks anyways! And for all you looking for
coupons...they're out!!

Leslie

brooksmom
10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Good news. We were in Great Beginnings over the weekend and a salesperson told us that they will be having another coupon in the Coupon Clipper Magazine anytime now. I guess I'll wait to buy that double stroller until then. She said it was a 15% off one item and unlimited 30% off clothing. Hope this helps.