PDA

View Full Version : EZ Changing Pad - One Step Ahead

deborah_r
09-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Has anyone tried this product? It's a "V" shaped changing pad.

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=121&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27&iProductID=121

Would love to get some reviews of it before buying - would anyone recommend a different product?

JElaineB
09-03-2003, 04:17 PM
This looks exactly like the EZ Changing pad I bought from JC Penney.

http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0782396&RefPage=Products&StoreRegNo=

It works fine. It is comfortable for the baby. However the strap to hold the baby is pretty worthless. By the time you really need to have something holding the baby down it isn't stong enough to do anything! Also, you MUST have another cover over this pad, not just the one it came with, so that covers up the strap anyway. You need another cover because it is the COVER that attaches to the dresser to keep the pad on securely, rather than the pad itself attaching. A real pain if the baby pees on it. You need to get a screwdriver to undo the cover from the changing table before you can wash it. However the extra cover I bought from JC Penney last year that "went with" the pad didn't fit. Looks like the extra covers they have this year might be better. I didn't look to see if One Step Ahead had any covers. I ended up just using a (too small) waterproof bassinet pad. All in all this is fine if you can get an extra cover (or two or three) that will fit the pad. Maybe I will even get one myself now that they seem to have new styles!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Karenn
09-03-2003, 05:07 PM
I have one too. I agree that it is helpful to have another cover. When this one gets dirty, it has to go in the washer and then all you're left with is the padding. I usually use a lap pad over the cover, but it's still kind of a pain.

I don't find the 'v' shape to be anything special. I suppose it keeps him from rolling a bit, but flat changing tables work fine for us too.

I really like the idea of a vinyl changing pad that you put a cover over instead because you can wipe down vinyl, and you can't wipe down cloth!

deborah_r
09-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I currently just use the skinny little pad that came with the changing table and put down some combination of receiving blanket and burp cloth down over it. But now that he's wiggling, he moves everything around, so I am trying to find one with a cover that stays on snuggly.

Trying to avoid spending money on things I don't truly NEED, but it is irritating when everything needs to be repositioned after every change!