PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet

drum
09-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Before my oldest son was born, almost 3 years ago, I purchased 2 Ultimate crib sheets. I loved them!!! Last year before the birth of my second child I bought two more. The two I bought are HORRIBLE!!! They are way to big for the crib. They are not like the first ones I bought nor do they give a fitted fit. I feel now it's such a faulty and unsafe product, unless your child is at least over 1, that I wouldn't recommend it to anyoene. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Momof3Labs
09-04-2003, 11:07 AM
There have definitely been mixed reviews of these sheets - those who purchased a couple of years ago love them, but mixed reviews on recent purchases. I hated them because they were so rough (bought a year ago). Why cover up Colin's soft flannel sheets with a sandpaper surface??

KMommie
09-04-2003, 11:27 AM
I have several UCS, all bought this year, and the quality DOES vary. 2 of the UCS have shrunk (I followed the wash directions), and have become DD's pad when she's diaperless on the floor. I have 3 more that fit perfectly. I also noticed that the softness of the sheets varied. Some are a bit scratchier than others. I still love the ones that fit, though---I cannot stand changing the crib sheet, it's always a wrestling match between me and the matress and I always seem to lose!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

sydsmith
09-05-2003, 12:30 PM
I have a few UCS, but now just use them as a matress pad, as they did not fit well, and the snaps coming off. Loved the idea, hated the quality. Now I use the Quick Zip sheets by Clouds and Stars, and they are great. I put the base sheet on the matress, and I can easily zip the top sheet on and off, without having to lift the entire matress. Clouds and Stars did recall the base sheet recently, because the zipper pull was disconnecting from the sheet. However, even with that, I had no hassles. The company notified me, I sent in the zipper pull from the sheet, and they are sending me a replacement base sheet free of charge.

lmintzer
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi. I tried unsuccessfully to contact the people at Clouds and Stars--do you have contact info. for them?

Thanks,
Lisa

calebsmama03
09-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Clouds and Stars, Inc.
727 Fairfax Street
Denver, Colorado 80220
Voice : 720 929 1099
Toll-Free : 866 325 6837 Fax :303 377 6129

www.cloudsandstars.com

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

lmintzer
09-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks. I'll give them a try again.

jeanmarine
07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
We're trying the Ultimate Crib Sheet tonight and it doesn't seem safe - looks like a strong baby could pull the sheet hard enough to create a suffocation hazard somehow. Most reviewers on amazon seem to like the UCS but a few tell tales of finding their baby half under the UCS, and given that it's got a rubber-type bottom, that's a serious suffocation risk. But so many people love it, that I wonder if I'm just being paranoid...