PDA

View Full Version : Mondi and P & R Baby Questions

ttiger72
09-05-2003, 11:50 AM
We are very interested in the Mondi Bella crib but I can't seem to find any reviews on Mondi. I have the 5th edition of the book and there is nothing on Mondi in it. I have also found through research online that Mondi is a division of P & R Baby in Lombard, IL??? Seems to contradict the thread I found from 2001 that says they are an Italian Mfg.

Anyone have a Mondi or any more info on the company?

Thanks

Tony

alexsmommy
09-12-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but this sounds somewhat correct. We have a Mondi crib and have been very satified. It's solid, the side goes up and down quietly, it's easy to lower the mattress as the baby ages, and it looks beautiful. It matches our Ragazzi furniture perfectly. We purchased ours from a shop in Naperville, IL, and as I recall, they were having a great deal on Mondi cribs b/c they had worked out a deal with the manufacturer (or maybe it was distributer - I don't really recall) in Lombard, IL - which is the next town over. I don't know where you live, but if you check Lil Deb-n-Heir's website you could get their number (where we bought the crib) and see if they could give you the number to the place in Lombard. My experience with Lil Deb-n-Heir has been great - they are very helpful and knowledgeable with a great reputation and I can't imagine they would sell a less-than-quality crib. I'm pretty sure they sold lots of these cribs too b/c the deal they had when we bought was great - by then we had looked at TONS of cribs and felt frustrated that we couldn't afford the quality crib we wanted. Just when we were about to completely give up and compromise, we found this crib w/all the features we wanted including a drawer.
Having said all of that, DS is not yet standing - thus he is not yet pounding the sides yet or shaking them to let us know he's up, so time will tell if the quality holds up!
Alaina - Mom to Alex