PDA

View Full Version : Did your baby hate the Colgate Classica I? I want it but afraid to buy now!

Grace_underfire
09-12-2003, 10:42 AM
I have read that several of the people in the boards had babies that hated the Classica I. If I am going to dish $100 bucks on a matress I want to make sure that I won't have to get rid of it.

Please give me your advice on this issue. If not I might consider the Cheapie $30 Kolkraft matress from target or one of the Coil ones at babies r us. However I did not like the Sealy for 59.99 at all. It sagged in my crib. I might try the Simmons Supermaxipedic or whatever it is called that is $89.99 at babies rus.

Ugghhhh I hate this decission!

August Mom
09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
My DS hasn't complained at all about his Colgate mattress. It is very firm, but he has never seemed uncomfortable. As with many baby purchases, it probably depends on your baby. Who knew that babies could be so opinionated. :)

mom2kandj
09-12-2003, 12:38 PM
It is very firm, but I've had no complaints from either child! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

Momof3Labs
09-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Absolutely no problems with this mattress - Colin has slept well in his crib from his second month on.

egoldber
09-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Sarah has slept well in it from day one (well, day 4 :) ) to this day!

mom2kandj
09-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Beth -

You are starting to creep me out because we have the same stuff! JK! :) I think we have the same crib, too! Bonavita Lisa and Colgate Classica! Great minds think alike! :)

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

houseof3boys
09-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Ryan has never given me a sign that he is not happy with it. He seems quite content with it. Don't go with the cheapie!

Andrea S
09-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Andrew has slept fine on his since 4 mos old.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jd11365
09-12-2003, 07:56 PM
As a first time mom, I was so pained over this decision. What a waste of my time and effort. Quite frankly, DD slept on a thin pack-n-play mattress for the first 12 weeks with no complaints, has slept in a snuggle nest, and even on the floor at grandpas house once. As long as the mattress is firm, and I really haven't seen one that looks dangerously soft, it's ok. We have the Colgate coil mattress, just because I wanted coil because there were no stores with foam mattresses I could test out. I think whichever you choose will be fine. IMHO, this is the one area where I feel there is too much hype.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

JElaineB
09-12-2003, 08:00 PM
DS sleeps fine on his Colgate Classica I matress. In fact last night he slept for 11 hours straight, yea! He didn't sleep as great of course when he was a newborn. Waking up when younger is normal, but I also think he started sleeping a LOT better in general once he went to sleeping on his stomach. I checked out some "regular" mattresses in the BRU cribs a couple of weeks ago and they seemed really soft to me. I've been happy with the Colgate, especially when I need to lift it!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

hellokitty1
09-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I have seen some posts on here about their DD or DS "hating" their crib mattress and I don't mean to raise a stink but just how do you know that it is the mattress that your baby does not like??? Unless my DD raised her hand and spoke her first words of "I hate this mattress" I would never think to blame the fussiness or whatever on a crib mattress. Just curious how you can tell that your baby hates the crib mattress.

Rachels
09-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, she'll sleep on any surface except the Colgate crib mattress, including other brands of crib mattresses. She started napping wel for the first time in her life the instant we ditched this thing. Babies don't have to talk to communicate.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02