PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle crib at babyage.com

kamal
09-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts on this site and they are very useful. We're expecting our first baby in December and are mostly decided upon a Sorelle Rita crib. We saw it for $250 at USA Baby and $220 at www.babyage.com (with only $3.95 for shipping -doesn't that sound LOW ?!)

So I want to know if any of you have had good/bad experiences with babyage.com

Thanks much in advance for your help !
Kamal

amp
09-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Kamal,

I know some people from here have dealt with Babyage.com, but I don't know what their experiences were. I recommend you do a search here to see what you can find out, particularly in the Cyberbaby forum, but it's been mentioned in others, so I would just do a general search of the Baby Bargains website.

Also, we almost purchased a Sorelle Rita crib, but it wasn't in stock at the time we purchased so we went with the Nico. We have been very pleased with our purchase, and I am sure we would have been just as happy with the Rita! By the way, our USA Baby carried Rita for $199 during their Once a Trimester Sale, which is almost always going on. I don't know where you live, but the price you mentioned is a bit higher than what we found here. I don't know if it's possible to still get it at a lower price or not.

Good Luck!

ncmommy
09-16-2003, 09:21 AM
I got my stoller and a diaper bag from Babyage.com - both arrived within a few days - I don't think I've heard of anyone having problems with them. As for the price, I've found that you can generally find better prices for just about everything on-line - and if you shop around you can usually get free shipping ( or just pay $4 at babyage). USA Baby tends to be high in my opinion.

GonzoPippi
09-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi there. Our baby is due in January and we also want a Sorelle (C&T Int'l, Golden Baby) Rita Bella (Rita, Jessica) crib. Whew. I had no idea it was sold under so many different names!

But now I'm ready to order one and I'm trying to figure out what to do, too. Here's something that concerns me about Babyage.com. It says we're responsible for shipping costs back to Europe on international items. It says if the item is damaged then they refund that cost. But how long would that take? Sorelle is Italian, right? I'm afraid if a piece is damaged we could be in for trouble. I've included their return policy, so you can see for yourself. I don't know what the procedure is for other stores and sites, so I'm not sure if this is worse or better than most. Maybe someone else has a better idea of what seems fair. I think maybe I'll check the return policies at Babies 'R Us (where they carry the Rita under the Golden Baby "Jessica" name for $249 out here) and Baby Depot ($199 here) and then decide. This is so confusing!!!

(:
Laura--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BabyAge Return Policy:
If you are not completely satisfied with your BabyAge purchase in the first 30 days of the delivery date, we will take back the product and issue a refund or exchange the item. We will not accept dirty, washed or used products. Shipping costs are non-refundable. All refunds and exchanges are subject to the final approval of our Customer Service Department. ("Special Orders" will be subject to a 50% restocking fee if returned.) To return an item, please follow these easy steps:

Simply contact our customer service department by email at [email protected] with the following information requesting a refund or exchange:

1. Order number
2. Reason for return
3. Item number and Product name
4. Return for replacement, exchange, or refund.

We will reply via email with a Return Authorization Number (RA#) and instructions on how and where to send your package.

If an item is returned without a Return Authorization Number, we will not be able to process the return, and a credit will not be issued.

All gifts that are returned will be issued store credit for three months upon the date of return.

If a package is refused, there will be a $10.00 refusal fee plus the a charge for the actual shipping fee back to BabyAge.com. You will not be issued credit for the original shipping cost.

Please remember that all returned items must be in the original condition with all the packing material, manuals, and registration cards. We will issue a full refund for the price of the product you return that meets these above conditions. We will not accept any returns that do not meet with our return policy specifications.

We cannot accept returns for the following classes of products if they have been opened or used: Angel Line products, Diapering Accessories, Childesign Cribs, Da Vinci items, Diaper Bags, Diapers, Diaper Pails & Liners, Potty Seats, Feeding Accessories, Bottles, Breast Pumps, Wipes, Thermometers, Pacifiers, and Fabric, Food & Formula, Bathing Accessories, Lotions & Powders (for health and hygiene reasons).

For International and APO/FPO orders, you must ship back the product at your own cost.

If the product is damaged we will refund you the cost of the shipping, which is subject to the final approval of our Customer Service Department. BabyAge.com is not responsible for any safety regulations in your prospective Country. It is up to the customers to determine if the product has complied with their Country's safety regulations.

Please write us the reason for your return on the packing slip. Enclose the slip in the box, wrap the package securely, and send it to the address listed on your packing slip. Please remember that all returned items must be in the original condition with all the packing material, manuals, tags,and registration cards. We will issue a full refund for the price of any product you return that meets these above conditions. If you do not have your packing slip, please send the package to the following address BabyAge, Inc Returns Department 150 Anderson Avenue Moonachie, New Jersey 07074 USA For your protection, please use United Parcel Service, Federal Express or Insured Parcel Post for shipment. We will only refund shipping costs if the return is a result of an error of BabyAge.

Please allow 14 business days from the time the item is returned to process a refund.

All returns without an RA number will be refused and not credited.

BabyAge.com does not adjust prices on recent promotions.

todzwife
09-16-2003, 06:30 PM
I didn't buy my crib from babyage, but I have the Sorelle Rita. It is a very nice crib, very sturdy and the drop side is quiet. Of course I haven't had my kiddo yet, so I don't know how it holds up, but I am very pleased with my purchase so far! Good luck!

Momof3Labs
09-16-2003, 06:46 PM
I think that the statement about International orders means orders shipped to International addresses, not meaning that the manufacturer is international.

Momof3Labs
09-16-2003, 06:48 PM
>As for the price, I've found that you can generally find better >prices for just about everything on-line

I agree with this on just about everything, except cribs. They cost so much to ship that it is much harder to find a better price online (and "free" or $3.95 shipping offers just mean that the shipping cost is built into the price of the item). I shopped and shopped online to find a better price on our Sorelle crib, but the best price ended up being at our local baby boutique. Our changing table, though, was cheaper online than at the boutique or USA Baby.

There was a thread not too long ago about some problems with a crib, and a retailer gave a very convincing argument for ordering from a local shop - you might want to check it out before buying a crib online.

kamal
09-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all the feedback -you are all so helpful ! So I guess Sorelle Rita seems to be a good choice and babyage.com in general has good reviews -we'll continue looking and if we don't find a good deal on it at a local store, we'll go with babyage.com

Cheers
Kamal

ethansmom
09-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi Kamal,

I purchased my stroller and Marathon carseat at babyage and have nothing but good things to say about them!

BTW, if you use www.ebates.com to click through to babyage.com, you get either 3 or4% cash back. If you are new to ebates, I'd appreciate you giving my email ([email protected]) as referring you!