PDA

View Full Version : Forever Mine customer service sucks so far

Gweny
09-16-2003, 04:42 PM
My husband and I had pretty much decided to order a full set of Forever Mine furniture based on positive reviews from other people. So, on August 24 my husband ordered the wood samples off the Forever Mine web page, which said that we would receive the samples in 10-15 business days. As of yesterday we still had not received the samples, so my husband called to check on them. He spoke to a woman who told him that the order was actually entered in their system on the 8th (!). When he asked why it took so long, she said that because he ordered them straight from the web site it takes longer to get the order entered. He thought that didn't make sense because, let's face it, they're an internet based company and it shouldn't take two weeks just to get basic info entered. So he asked her if that's what he should expect when he orders his furniture from them. She said that when you order the furniture it's by phone anyway, which led him to ask that if that's the case, why do they have a furniture order form on their website? He asked to speak to a supervisor because he feels that if this is a problem with miscommunication with customers then it should be addressed. The woman would not get a supervisor but said she would pass along his concerns. He went ahead and emailed Forever Mine. As of this posting we still have not heard back from anyone (almost two days). I don't think it's much to ask that they post on their website that there might be a delay if you order online instead of via phone. As of now, though, I doubt we're going to order from them because if we're having trouble getting a few wood samples, what does that say about ordering furniture sight unseen?

Anyhow, I just wanted to share our experience w/ them (thus far).

papal
09-18-2003, 07:50 AM
I am really sorry you are having such a bad experience with ForeverMine. I did not order samples from their internet site so, luckily, I do not share your experience. I did order the crib and 3 drawer dresser by giving them a call and I have to say that the CS was really good. They answered all my emails about changing pad size, shipping charges etc within 24 hours. They called in 4 weeks saying the delivery company will be there in a week. The delivery company sent a notice in the mail to call them up to fix up a pick up time and exactly 5 weeks from when we ordered we got our furniture. It took just half an hour for my dh to assemble to crib and the dresser came fully assembled. And as far as I can tell (baby is not due till next month), the crib and dresser are both really solid and well built and much better looking than anything we saw at BRU or even Great Beginnings.

Anyway, if you do decide to order from them and live in the DC metro you can drop by and check the furniture out at our place before you decide, if thats what you want!

Good luck!
Rashmi (edd 10/19)

Gweny
09-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Hi.. I'm glad you had a positive experience with them. It's feedback like yours that made us want to order from them. But it's the fact that they can't seem to respond to what is a pretty simple complaint that makes me not want to give them my business. On prior occasions when I've emailed them a simple question they've responded the same day; but when we email them a complaint about it taking an extra two weeks to start the order for wood samples they choose to ignore it. It's been almost a week now since we emailed them and they never responded. It's a minor thing but it's also the principle of the matter, you know?

Btw, we're in the Atlanta area so I'm just a little far away to come see your furniture, but thanks for the offer. :-)

cnvs88
09-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Forever Mine :( I am another Forever Mine customer, and thought they had great customer service. We ordered a crib in July and were not happy with the finishing on the original crib we received 5 weeks later. I contacted Forever Mine customer service immediately to resolve the issue. They offered to send me a replacement crib and pick up the original crib. We received the replacement crib in early September and are very happy with it. FM Customer service contacted me right after they shipped each crib to let me know when the crib was shipped and to provide me with shipping information.

I have not used the order form on the Forever Mine website, so have no personal experience with ordering anything online through their website. To date, I have called their toll free number to place the order, talk to customer service or get updates. Their customer service people seem to be polite, responsive, and willing to help.

andie16
09-19-2003, 02:21 PM
I had a similar experience with Forever Mine's website. I ordered a catalog and did not receive it for more than a month. By that time I had already picked out and ordered another crib from a local store. I agree with you that for a company based on the internet they seem to need to improve their process of taking simple requests for things like receiving catalogs or wood samples.

harryalbert
09-21-2003, 12:26 PM
We also ordered samples and a catalog from their website. It did take some time for the samples to arrive, and we never received a catalog. However, because of the overwhelming number of positive responses to their service and the quality of the product they offer, we went ahead and ordered. I think they just need to tighten up their processes a little, but I do understand your frustration.

Harry

Shannah
09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
We ordered our Forever Mine nursery set back in March '02. I first ordered the samples (over the phone). Then we made our decision and ordered the furniture. I had a really good experience with their customer service.

From what I understand if you have a military base near you and someone who can get you in, then you can see the furniture in person. That is the only place they sell it except for the internet.

I would check their FAQs page and see if it mentions using the phone to order vs. the website. I found a lot of good information there but I don't know if they address that question.

Lastly, we are really very happy with our crib and dresser changer table. It is solid and has done really well for us so far. Good luck. This is one of the most important purchases to make!

Shannah
mommy to Liam 5-10-02

JustMare
09-25-2003, 09:44 PM
I also had a horrible time getting a catalog and samples. I finally got a catalog by calling them. The samples finally arrived, but somehow I was never charged for them. I noticed that their site was not secured and I didn't want to give my credit card number I selected the box marked "please call for credit card number". Well, they never called and my samples arrives only a few days later. Strange....

I was all prepared to order the furniture based on the reviews, but I was really disappointed with the height of the armoire. It's 10 inches shorter than the average. That means I won't be able to see the hanging bar at eye level.

This afternoon I discovered really adorable furniture at my baby store that was priced relatively similar. I've decided to order from them and NOT Forever Mine. But this decision is made solely on lack of style not quality or service.

brinat1995
10-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the crib sides going up and down like Rashmi had in a post? We're not finding any options locally so are thinking of going with a FEM nursery, but we're a little concerned with the lack of customer service posts and the post about the crib side just plain not working...