PDA

View Full Version : What did you use to line the drawers of your baby's dresser?

kels228
09-19-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm having a hard time with this. Figured I'd use contact paper, but DH wasn't crazy about the idea of having it permanently stuck to the drawers. So then I thought I'd use it but NOT take off the adhesive backing. Well, that didn't work because you can see the "grid" of the adhesive backing right through the paper.

I was thinking of using those rolls of shelf liner (like for a kitchen cabinet) that are kind of plastic-y, but that seems kind of strange.

What did you all do? THANKS!

flagger
09-19-2003, 07:47 PM
In Houston, we had a big roach problem. One of our exterminators said the best shalf liner is plain old butchers paper. No glue for the rodents and critters to be attracted to.

HTH

Momof3Labs
09-19-2003, 08:06 PM
You could also pick up an odd roll of wallpaper cheap and cut that to fit in the drawer. My mom and I have both used that idea in the past. But we don't have roach problems up here either.

Why is seeing the grid a problem? Will you see the liner that often? I rarely see the liners in Colin's dresser drawers - he has too darn many clothes covering them up!

stillplayswithbarbies
09-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I bought some baby powder scented drawer liners at Marshalls for $3.99.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

August Mom
09-20-2003, 12:28 AM
We used contact paper. Personally, I don't like the drawer liners to move around.

farsk
09-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Hello!

We lined Ellen's drawers with Crabtree and Evelyn's Tom Kitten drawer liner. Check out their website...you can order it there and the scent is heavenly!

You simply measure and cut, lay the liner in, and it has stayed put for us!

Good Luck!
-Shannon
Mom to Ellen 7/23/2003

AndrewsMommy
09-20-2003, 08:48 AM
I didn't use anything. I just washed out the drawers with Murphy's soap when we got the dresser. I don't use liners for myself either.

Tina
Proud Mom to Andrew 3/03

amp
09-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Wow, it looks like lots of you line the drawers. It never occured to me and we haven't had any problems without them.

ncmommy
09-21-2003, 11:56 AM
We just used some cheap wallpaper I found on sale. I didn't want to use anything scented just in case DS ended up being sensitive to perfumes.

Jen841
09-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Ditto!

Crabtree makes some too.

Vajrastorm
09-23-2003, 05:52 PM
Call me a bad mom :P but I'm not lining the drawers.

peanut4us
09-24-2003, 11:42 AM
We don't line our drawers either. Can someone tell me why you would? I can see if your drawers have wood bits snagging things etc, but our (from Mother Hubbard Cupboards and we love it) is very smooth, with no snagglies. Just curious.

gisele
09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
I used Contact paper - but not the kind with the permanent sticky lining. If you look, there is a kind of Contact for lining drawers that you can pull up on and put back down. It does NOT have a backing that you peel off. I used plain white.

I thought about getting the C&E scented ones, but for $18 for a roll of 6 (which were smaller than the drawer dimensions), I passed on it.