PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an iron crib?

smilequeen
09-26-2003, 01:17 PM
I really like the old fashioned heirloom look, but I know they are more expensive and generally have noisier/harder to use/one side drops. We are only 6w but we are so excited we went to a baby store just to look at all the stuff last weekend. DH and I don't see ourselves ever dropping the side of the crib...they were all at waist level or just above on us (I'm 5'9" and he's almost 6').

Anyway, they look so pretty, but I don't know anyone who has tried one, so I thought I'd ask what your experiences are.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-28-2003, 01:49 AM
We have a metal crib, I really like the look. You may want to reconsider the drop side. Especially when you are tall, it is hard on your back to lean over and put the baby down when the crib is on the lowest setting without a drop side.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

HeatherW
09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Hello:

I, too love the old look of the iron cribs, but hate the price..I purchased a crib from JC Pennys that is very nice and has the look of iron, but for about a thousand dollars less! Also, try the Chaildcraft Legacy iron cribs, I think they run around 700.00...let me know if you want more info on either of the two, I would be glad to help.

Heather

ibejess
10-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Check out the iron cribs at Bratt Decor (www.brattdecor.com). I looked at them in person and they are beautiful. They have a drop side that lowers very quietly. They are also much more reasonable than most iron cribs. I ended up going with a wood one but still love iron one.