PDA

View Full Version : Please help... where to buy Dutailier 11789?

mommy1998
09-29-2003, 01:22 PM
This is the glider that has the multiposition lock and recline feature. I can't find it anywhere in the Indiana area. I checked on-line, and so many places don't look like they carry it, or it is very expensive.

I'm wondering... where is the best place to purchase it? I've also waited a little too long (I only have 6 more weeks until my due date!). I don't mind waiting a little longer if I can find it for a good price!

Also... I want a beige tapestry fabric that is SOFT. So many of the fabrics I've felt were somewhat scratchy. I think I prefer all-cotton, but I'm guessing they don't make a tapestry all cotton? Anybody have any other recommendations for fabric?

Thanks so much for any help. I'm really cutting it close and my mind is in a whirl.
Aimee

pritchettzoo
09-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Have you tried contacting Dutailier? (http://www.dutailier.com/000/Default.asp) They might have a retailer in your area that you don't know about. We found ours at a local baby store, and it was a bit more expensive than ordering it online, but after a fiasco with rockingchairoutlet.com, we thought it was well worth it for the peace of mind. Also, the store near us had lots of different cushions and they were willing to interchange them if you bought an in-stock rocker.

I believe Babies R Us can special order them, but I don't know about the turn-around time for that. It probably depends on what Dutalier has in stock.

I don't think I answered very many of your questions, but HTH some...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

mommy1998
09-29-2003, 01:34 PM
That's one of the things I tried! I figured I'd be able to find a local dealer through Dutailier! What a joke. When you click on "Find a dealer" it comes back with "Feature coming soon." And, for the life of me, I can't find a telephone number for customer service.

I'd like to avoid BRU if I can... it seems most of their prices were the highest around. Ug.

Thanks, though.

Second time parents
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Hi!! We purchased ours at www.rockingchairstore.com and it was only $465US delivered. It's worth a try and they may have that model in stock. Good luck!

mommy1998
09-29-2003, 09:18 PM
They DID have it! Did you have a good experience with them? Thanks!

teachermommy
09-30-2003, 10:24 PM
We purchased a Dutailier chair and nursing ottoman from www.babycatalog.com last year. They had free shipping at the time and we were pleased with how quickly they arrived. Some models are considered "Express" and they ship quicker. I don't know if the one you picked out is, but it is worth a look.

We also have the beige tapestry fabric. It is not super soft, but it is very sturdy. It has a subtle, almost elegant print and spit up has wiped right off of it without soaking in! This is a huge plus in our house. We bought the oak frame and it looks great with the beige fabric.

I hope this has been helpful. Good Luck.

teachermommy to Erin Marie and Carson Matthew

hwin708
10-02-2003, 01:17 AM
If you do a search on this board, you will find most people had a great experience with this site.

Second time parents
10-02-2003, 07:30 AM
We had no trouble at all and they were very helpful in the whole process. Good luck.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-03-2003, 03:12 PM
we got ours from babycatalog too. Any dutalier dealer can order any chair. They ship direct from dutalier anyway.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

gisele
10-03-2003, 06:25 PM
I also bought my chair from Babycatalog.com. It also has the multiposition lock and recline feature - it could be the same model!
They had the best price for Dutailier chairs.