PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has this dresser/changing table combo from JC Penney? Please advice!!

aliceinwonderland
10-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for reading. I have only seen this item online, it's the Nantucket dresser/changing table (see link). I love the look of it, and, I realise it's small, but that's perfect for our small apartment.
Does anyone know, if this is available from the store (other then online)? Also, any other places you might have seen it? Any ideas how to get the best price? We'll be getting it in cherry. Thanks so much in advance!

http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=8134&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=086988c&ProdSeq=6&OffSet=6&ProdCount=19&Cat=dressers-chests&Dep=children%27s&PCat=furniture&PCatID=4242&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=19&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=

KUvsOU
10-15-2003, 10:32 AM
You probably can order it either over the phone, internet or some stores have an order desk. We bought a different changing table from JC Penney and had the choice of having it delivered to the store instead. We decided to save a trip and just have it delivered to our home instead as we were concerned it would not fit in our SUV.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

netarc
10-16-2003, 01:48 PM
41" seems a little hight for a changing table surface? Most that we've seen have been between 33-36".

Suzyfunk
10-18-2003, 12:20 AM
The dresser is beautiful, but would you get use from it later on? How much can you really fit in it? If you do buy it, be sure to use a discount code from currentcodes.com. There is one on there for 30% off, and one for free shipping, so you can figure out which one is best for you. Good luck!

aliceinwonderland
10-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, I realise it's small, but we do have a small apartment right now (and the baby would have to be in our room). My only concern is having the finish of thi schest (we're gettig the cherry one) match the one of our crib (Simmons).

Thanks so much for your help!!

Robin32054
10-23-2003, 08:57 AM
I just thought I would throw in my two cents worth. I have had a hard time finding a dressing/changing dressser combo that I thought was good quality and affordable. When I saw the selections in the JCPenney catalog, I thought this was the answer. I went on the website and proceeded to place my order until I realized how high the shipping costs were going to be. I decided it was better to put that extra money into a higher quality piece that I could buy closer to home rather than pay for the shipping. I did notice that someone had suggested some codes for free shipping...if this works, it may be the best solution to that problem.

Good luck.
Robin

hellokitty1
10-24-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't have this piece but all my nursery furniture is from JCP. From my experience, I would point out the following...the piece you're considering is made from "engineered wood" which is basically press board." If you're not looking for long-term use, I think it's fine but if you think it might actually be a hand-me down piece don't count on it. My furniture is all solid wood but I got one book case that wasn't (http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=10769&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0787926&ProdSeq=9&OffSet=9&ProdCount=13&Cat=bookshelf-hutch&Dep=children%27s&PCat=furniture&PCatID=4242&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=13&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=) and it's much cheaper wood.

Also, for shipping, definitely use a free shipping code or wait til there's free shipping. JCP has free shipping quite often. And one last thing, you won't find the furniture in any store. I called around to see if any stores had it and they told me no store has baby furniture on the floor. But if you get it with free shipping (to the store) you can always look at it when it arrives and return it. Shipping time is generally pretty fast so you won't be waiting long only to return it.

HTH.

aliceinwonderland
10-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks for your input. The main reason I wantedto see itin person is that I want to make sure the cherry finish matches that of our crib...Now I realise this is nearly impossible, especially since (as you pointed out)this is manufactured wood and our crib will be hard wood. Thanks so much for the tip. I am having the hadest time finding somethingI like re: dressers and cribs