PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Drop Side on Forever Mine Crib - Ready to Give up!

Khrys
10-04-2003, 01:52 PM
I recently purchased the Forever Mine Spindle Crib in cherry stain based on the marvelous reviews here and in the Baby Bargains book.

While my ordering experience went well, I must say that I am very disappointed in the crib itself so far. Several of the spindles are not sanded as well as they should be, and therefore are rough, but worse.... we cannot seem to get the drop side to work properly no matter what we do!!

We have followed all of the instructions, called customer service, and still, it will not drop down. It takes an extreme amount of force in pushing on the bottom of the drop side, and even then it won't go down about 80% of the time.

Has anyone else here had this problem? Any thoughts or remedies?

If I can't get this figured out, I'm afraid that I will have to return the crib and get something else... and my baby is due in less than 6 weeks and I am panicking! :(

Thanks for any help anyone here can provide!

~Khrys.

gitapet
10-08-2003, 05:09 PM
All I can think of is to check the installation and ask Forever Mine about replacing the parts related to the drop side - both the tracks and the side that does the dropping. Maybe one or the other is warped? Given my good experiences with the Forever Mine crib (American style) and the company in general, I hope that you can resolve your issues with them.

anita
10-13-2003, 04:22 PM
I have also recently received a forever mine all american crib with many unsanded surfaces. Also, although we have been able to lower the gate, it is very inconsistent. We struggle with it.
Luckily, the company has agreed to exchange the crib. I did not have to put any pressure on them before they offered to do so.
Good luck resolving your trouble,

Anita

Khrys
05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, this is an update.

We bought the Forever Mine Spindle Crib in September of 2003. The baby came in November. The crib was still broken in that the drop side did not work properly.

After innumerable calls to Forever Mine, and after replacing ALL of the drop rail parts, including the spring-loaded clips at the bottom of the rail and the rails themselves, 4, that's right FOUR times, we are still having trouble.

Forever Mine NEVER offered to replace the crib, and now they are saying that they won't even keep sending us the plastic parts that keep breaking.

While I really like the crib otherwise, I will never be ordering from them again. They certainly do not live up to their "lifetime guarantee" that was in effect when I purchased the crib. In fact, they now tell me quote "your warranty is expired"... and I'm certainly not dead yet.

I'm VERY, very disappointed.

~Khrys.