PDA

View Full Version : Looking for crib, overwhelmed by information

pinnocks
10-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Ive read through this whole forum, done numerous searches and research and still cant decide on what crib is reasonably priced, safe and durable. My wife is 5 1/2 months pregnant and I think we have figured out alot of the stuff we are going to get for the baby, but the crib is still an elusive critter. Unfortunately we live in Eugene, OR and the nearest BRU is 2 hours away. We went there once and saw a crib we sorta liked but at a price tag of $400 we were hoping to find something a little bit more reasonable so we could afford to add a dresser also.

Alot of people and the bargains book recommend J C Penny's, but it is a hard sell for my wife to pick out a crib site unseen. The one crib i did find that looks decent is

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=8133&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=0858e93&ProdSeq=21&OffSet=21&ProdCount=24&Cat=cribs-beds&Dep=children%27s&PCat=furniture&PCatID=4242&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&NumMatches=24&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=&RecordID=&SearchString=

Does anyone have any experience with this crib, or does anyone have any suggestions on where else we can look. It seems the only close baby furniture store in eugene is a place called fletchers. We still have to drop by there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart & Denise

new_mommy25
10-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Have you thought about Forever Mine? http://www.forevermine.com/
Alot of people on the boards have one and are happy. They have you a catalog and will send wood samples too.
HTH

cmferrara
10-06-2003, 07:32 AM
I completely understand your wife's desire to see the crib before you purchase one, I am exactly the same way. The set you are looking at from Penny's looks nice. I looked at a similar set in Penny's (conversion bed) BTW I think Penny's carries the cheapest line of conversion beds. We also wanted a bed that converted to a twin. We ultimately bought our bed from a store here in Maryland (I had to see it with my own eyes) and spent more that what you are looking at. IMHO baby furniture is like most other furniture you usually see it and get measurments etc.. before you buy it. Penny's has a really good reputation and their products were rated pretty well in the book. Penny's also has outlet stores in some locations that carries furniture (including baby furniture) you may want to check to see if there are any near you.

Good Luck:-)

gitapet
10-08-2003, 05:02 PM
I love my Forever Mine crib. I have every intention of buying a second one when DH & I have a second child. Can't use the same one because Ian will be using this crib/bed all the way through college. If we ever decide that his room is too small for a double bed we can order a $35 kit to be able to use it as a twin bed.