PDA

View Full Version : Is a Jenny Lind a Jenny Lind?

smallestangel
10-06-2003, 07:21 AM
We're decided btwn. the Jenny Lind from Babies R Us and the Jenny Lind from The Land of Nod.

They're exactly the same (or so it seems to us) except for the price. One's $100 the other's close to $400.

Is The Land of Nod crib better quality or is it just more expensive because it's "The Land of Nod"?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Amanda

mama2be
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
I thought a Jenny Lind is Jenny Lind...and I love them!!! They are usually the less expensive BUT fantastic from what I have heard, they're a classic style.

Interesting question becasue I THOUGHT (not saying they are)they were the same but now I wonder. I hope someone has the answer...

I have noticed that certain companies do change the prices x3 and seem to get a way with it...

I look forward to the answer

amp
10-06-2003, 01:47 PM
From the research I have done, Jenny Lind is stricly a style name. It does not speak to quality, and quality can vary greatly among different brands. So one Jenny Lind may not be as good as another Jenny Lind. Make sure the brand and the specific crib have the quality you want.

HTH!

SeekerMage
10-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Im not sure about the JEnny lind at the land of nod, but I noticed the one at Babies R us did not seem to be high quality. It was disappointing for us since its the style crib that we wanted. However, that was just the Evenflo and Delta brand, the two that BRU carried....you should see who makes the Land of Nod crib and see from there. Im sure it isnt that bad of a crib, but to us it didnt seem as strong and solid as many others, and the side seemed harder to drop. I hope you find the one you like....its been tough on us since I had my heart set on the Jenny Lind but didnt like what we saw. Good luck to you! I hope you have better luck then we did.

nitaghei
10-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Jenny Lind refers to the style (the turned spindles), not the manufacturer. Try and get specific information, such as the type of wood used, and the manufacturer, to assess the quality.

So yes, there could a substantial difference in quality, and the price difference would reflect this difference in quality, rather than the brand name.

Nita