PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought cribs online?

januarymom
10-12-2003, 02:33 PM
We're living in a rural area and expecting our first child in January. The only in-store options we've found for cribs are Baby Depot and ToysRUs, both about an hour away. Haven't found what we wanted at either place, though. Found a Simmons Matino II for $230 on Babyage.com, with $3.95 shipping! Has anyone used this site? Or any other recommendations for finding inexpensive (but sturdy) cribs online? We're looking at Bassett, Simmons, and Child Craft. Thanks!

brinat1995
10-12-2003, 08:41 PM
We haven't but are in the same situation as you are. Our local options just plain stink and the nearest big stores are like two hours away. We drove the two hours each way yesterday to a BRU, found a crib we liked but they had to order it - so we either have to make a trip again to pick it up or pay an obscene amount of money to get it delivered.

Interested in hearing more responses on this topic - we fortunately have until April...

justlearning
10-13-2003, 01:28 AM
When our baby was born, we also were living in a rural area so I had to buy my crib online. I purchased my Simmons crib from their factory overstocks website (http://www.simmonsjp.com/closeout/) and was very happy with the condition it arrived in (great packaging!) and speed of delivery. However, they have since increased their prices and their shipping costs (I think it's $75 now) and they only have a few cribs available, so you probably won't find what you want there.

I think the Babyage website sounds like a great deal, especially with their low shipping rate. I recently purchased a Marathon car seat from babyage and was amazed that they shipped it out the same day I ordered it and I received it a few days later! Also, because I'm always trying to save money, I appreciated being able to get an additional 4% rebate from ebates by going to the babyage website from the ebates link. (If you're not already signed up with ebates, which is a WONDERFUL way to save money when doing online baby shopping, I'd really appreciate your using this link which gives me referral credit: http://www.ebates.com/affiliate_landing.jsp?promotion_code=REF1&eeid=13840&banner=9710&[email protected]&refpageid=1)

Good luck with your decisions!

Mia31
10-13-2003, 10:03 AM
A friend of mine ordered hers from JC penney on line, and her crib and dresser/changing table were awesome! very sturdy, great furniture!

elvisfan
10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
My friend ordered a Pali crib from the seller mgm1997 on ebay and had a great experience.

gentlesea
10-15-2003, 10:48 AM
I just bought my crib at target.com. It's a Child Craft Contemporary Natural Crib for $199 + $20 shipping. I just got it via UPS yesterday and have not set it up yet. The crib got really good reviews at target.com and is also recommended in the Baby Bargain book.

papal
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi,
I hate to keep repeating myself.. but have you considered the ForeverMine.com cribs? We recieved the All-American crib and dresser a month ago and are very happy with it. Good solid construction and good customer service. And we DID have an opportunity to check out over 50 cribs in BrU and Great Expectations IRL, but did not like anything out there.

Good luck, it is one tough decision to make!

Rashmi (edd 10/19)

kamal
10-15-2003, 08:01 PM
We bought our Sorelle Rita crib from Babyage.com and it arrived just today! We are yet to set it up (will post again after its set up and we're sure we got all parts we needed and there is no damage). We went with the online option as we saw this particular crib only at USA Baby and they were more expensive.

We ordered our Combi stroller and the crib from babyage together -the stroller came in 48hours and babyage said the vendor will ship the crib within 10business days, which turned out to be accurate. Weirdly enough, Fedex messed up the shipping and the package languished in their warehouse a couple of days before they finally got it to us -but that seems to have been a freak incident and not related to babyage or the vendor Sorelle.

Good luck shopping online for your crib!
Kamal
Due Dec '03

jbh
10-16-2003, 09:00 AM
I am in the same position, living in a small rural town with not many options. Our BRU is just a tiny part of a TRU and their cribs are terrible! After reading the book, I would like to find a ChildCraft or Simmons crib online, but so far have not been successful in finding a more than one model of each. The BRU website (Amazon) says they do not have ChildCraft, neither does JCPenney. Also, there is a store about an hour away that sells Ragazzi and Berg, is it worth the drive to see them in person? Has anyone found these cribs on other websites? Thanks for your help!
Julie

lgri5th
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I am in a huge battle with BabyAge.com as we speak!! I ordered a crib from them several weeks ago. They charged me $406.00 that evening. When the crib arrived, it was not the crib I ordered. They tried to charge me a 30% restocking fee. I wasn't going to allow that so I started speaking with a supervisor. It took them a week to decide to pick up the crib and credit my credit card for the full amount. That was last Friday!! 6 days later, there is still no credit on my account and the crib is still sitting here in the middle of my floor. I'm irate!! I have left 4-5 messages already today with NO return phone calls. I would be very leary of this website.

sophiecat
11-13-2003, 12:38 PM
We took a leap and ordered our crib online.

I did a ton of research, saw a bunch in person, and then finally ordered from Childesigns (see Baby Bargains Book for review). We were really debating between Forever Mine, Childcraft, or just taking a leap of faith and going cheap w/ Childesigns. At childesigns.com, you click "where to buy" and it lists their garage sale, which are usually overstock items. We paid $100 and this included shipping for their Scottsdale crib. It has a very nice pine/maple finish, very sturdy, and I am very pleased we chose to do this--now I can get my glider :)