PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the new Graco Travel Lite Crib?

KB26
10-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I was browsing on the Graco website and on their home page they are featuring a new product - the Travel Lite 9000 crib. I was planning to use a Pack n Play with the full bassinet as a sleeper for my baby after she's born in January - and was going to get one for grandma's house too. But now I'm wondering if the Travel Lite crib might be better - at least for grandma's. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Krista

Here is the website: http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=9000JAY

hellokitty1
10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
I don't have any knowledge of this, but I looked up the link and the size limits for the Lite Crib seem to be the same as the PNP. Looks like it's just a PNP made to look more like a crib. If that's the case, I'd stick with the PNP so it can at least be used as a play area too.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-25-2003, 12:35 PM
I couldn't find anything that shows the dimensions of this thing. If it is smaller than a pack n play, and folds up smaller, it might be great for travel. And for our bedroom where the pack n play barely fits between our bed and the wall.

Anyone know how big it is?

edited to say never mind, I found the dimensions on the Target site. They say it is 20% smaller than a pack n play, 29-1/4Hx23Wx32L, andw eighs 21 pounds. A regular pack n play is 31Hx28Wx39-7/8D, and weighs 26 pounds.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

rardnek
10-31-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I'm glad you posted this -- because I saw it at BRU and put it on my registry. I actually got it at a shower last weekend and set it up last night. I dont' have a regular PnP, but it definitely looks smaller. In my mind, that's a plus -- we will be living w/my folks when the baby is first born, so this will be it's first "crib".

The PnP my SIL has cannot fit through a bedroom door while set-up -- although I haven't tried it yet, this one looks like it would.

I picked it because the weight, wheels and full bassinet were all important features to me. The only question/concern i have is -- what kind of sheets do you put on it? I haven't figured this out yet -- it looks like it would be smaller than a reg. PnP so I don't know what to do about that.

Any ideas?

Kendra
baby coming.. on or around 12/8/03

rardnek
11-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Just an update -- I called Graco and was told that it is a brand new product and that they do not currently offer ANY sheets that fit this crib (mattress dimensions are 32"L x 22 1/8" W).

She said they will offer some in the future, but couldn't give me a timetable as to when in the future that would be.

This is a major bummer to me -- what good is a crib if you can't put sheets in it?

As a result, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

HTH someone else...

Kendra

hellokitty1
11-03-2003, 01:41 PM
That seems lame.

jillc
11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi,

I just added the Graco Travel Lite crib to my registry at BRU last weekend and am sooo excited about it! We had also been planning to use a Pack n Play w/bassinet as a sleeper next to our bed for our daughter when she arrives in March. My SIL did this with her 2 girls for the first several months before moving them to a crib, and she really liked the PNP, except she always wondered if the babies might have liked a smaller, cozier place like a traditional bassinet, since they always seemed to scoot into a corner of the full bassinet part of the PNP. She was helping me get my registry started & we found the Travel Lite crib & both loved it. It won't take up so much room in the bedroom, it might be "cozier" for Baby since it's smaller, and we also think that we'll be able to move it from room to room of our house easily (seems small enough to fit through doorways). I was concerned about being able to find sheets to fit, so I opened up a few packages at BRU (don't tell! :)) and found one that fit well. It's the Gerber Knit Bassinet Sheet. It's fully elasticized and is supposed to fit 16in x 32in mattresses.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Jill

whitekr
01-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I just registered for this too as a bassinet for our bedroom as well as a travel crib. I liked it because it was compact and looks like I could roll it into my study easily. Regarding the sheets, this was my biggest concern. Several people who reviewed this item on Babies R Us website said that a changing pad sheet or cover fits perfectly as a sheet.

ScoobyFan
01-18-2004, 11:31 PM
I just found this product at BRU. We were also going to get the PNP and use the bassinet for baby's first couple of months or so. But the PNP is just too big to fit beside our bed, so we are thinking about doing the Travel Lite. Plus, my husband likes the bigger, square PNP (the colorful one with the bugs quilt) for a playpen.

Important update regarding sheets for Travel Lite: I just found out that Graco is now selling a special sheet for the Travel Lite. It can be found on their website, and supposedly BRU is getting shipments of the sheet soon.

I'm hoping the Travel Lite will make a great bassinet for our baby's first couple of months, as well as a good travel playpen. My SIL has the bigger Graco playpen mentioned above, and she said it's very easy to set up and pack up.

Hope my comments help! Good luck to everyone!

sarahfran
01-20-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't want to rain on your parade, but after my son was born we bought this crib to use on our main floor of our house. We had a pack 'n' play by our bed and DS slept in the PnP bassinet every night. This crib looked like an ideal solution to our "where do we put him when downstairs" problem. After setting it up, I found that the mattress area was too hammocky for me to feel comfortable putting him in it... it just wasn't stable. I also felt that the mattress was so thin that the bars could too easily be felt through it. We packed it back up and returned it.

I am really happy with the PnP. The one we have has the 3/4 bassinet... my recommendation would be to register for/buy the one with the full size bassinet. Our son grew long before heavy, so he had to sleep diagonal and was cramped before he hit the 15lb limit for the 3/4 size bassinet. We used a full size bassinet attachment at a relative's house and it was much more comfortable for him.

One more thought on the travel lite crib-- if you plan to have it next to your bed (ours was pulled up near to me as we slept), you may be irritated by the ruffle. When you're lying down, it could obscure part of your view of the sweet little one.

Anyway, I hope this helps... you guys are so smart to be on these message boards before you have your babies! I wish I had been!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!