PDA

View Full Version : Portable Playards for Big Babies?

annex
10-22-2003, 12:51 PM
My 6 month-old DD is already 22 1/2 pounds. We have yet to get a Pack-n-Play for her to sleep in when we travel, and now when I look at the Gracos I see they are only rated to 30 pounds. Now I'm worried that if we got one, it would barely get us through another year... Are there any other options that are rated for higher weights? What have others done with big babies?

Thanks,
Anne

jd11365
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
I just can't imagine why the baby wouldn't be fine? The pnp is really sturdy. Another thing to remember is the baby will start to not gain so much weight once he gets mobile and after a year old...

HTH!

mom2kandj
10-24-2003, 03:44 AM
When we travel, DS sleeps in a PNP. FWIW he is 18 mon, 32ish inches, and 26ish lbs. He was 22lbs at 10 months and has slowed down a bit! We anticipate him being out of the PNP in the next 6 months or so just because he is starting to throw his leg up to the rail. DD OTOH, was never a PNP kid. She preferred snuggling up to a body in a regular bed.

I'm sure that your DD will start to stretch out and slow down on the weight gain as she becomes more active, crawling and walking. If you don't NEED a PNP for your home or for grandma's, you could just skip it and request one whenever make your hotel reservations. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (34 months)
& Jack (18 months)