PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Good Night Ben site?

sidmand
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with contacting Good Night Ben recently? I can't seem to reach them by e-mail or by phone.

I am very interested in one of the Shermag gliders they have (#211748, kind of mission style with scrolls--looks like it matches Babies 'R Us Venetian crib really well!) and can't seem to find it anywhere else yet.

I know people have had good things to say about this site before and it's recommended in the book and I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps they've gone out of business?

Thanks for any help,
Debbie

farsk
11-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Debbie,

I think we must be on the same mental wavelength! I ordered my nursery furniture from Goodnight Ben (loved it, customer service was wonderful) and now I want a bookcase. I just called their number, and it has been disconnected. I left a message and my call was not returned....very un-Goodnight Ben-like.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Shannon
Mom to Ellen 7/23/2003

sidmand
11-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi Shannon,

I actually ended up calling Shermag to find out if I could order that particular glider anywhere else (so far no luck) and they did tell me that they've been told that Good Night Ben is out of business as of last week or so because they still had some open orders to fill and it sounded like they were trying to figure out how to handle everything.

The first time I called I was able to leave a message (and then I sent an e-mail a couple of days later when I hadn't heard back) and then when I tried calling again the phone number was disconnected, so it must have happened early last week. The web site was still up last time I checked though. I guess they're gone?

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with your bookcase.

Debbie

lyyang
11-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Early September, I ordered a quick ship glider and ottoman(delivery time 4-5 weeks) which was made by Shermag. Good Night Ben charged a deposit for 1/2 the purchase price. To date (about 8 weeks later), we have not received the glider and ottoman. I have left numerous voicemail messages before their lines were disconnected and emails. I received one response by them that our glider had come from Shermag damaged and they were working on replacing it. However, Good Night Ben has not responded to any follow up email messages. Any thoughts on this dilemma? I guess I can attempt to call Shermag directly...

Mother to Kate

LSC
11-05-2003, 07:59 PM
WOW!! I was just going to order a crib and rocker tonight when I found out I could not reach them either. . . guess I need to look elsewhere!!

Lori
Baby due 4/3/03

hellokitty1
11-12-2003, 11:12 PM
See the first post in this lounge. Apparently, the compay has gone out of business.

Maya Mark
11-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Good Night Ben has gone out of business- Not that you can do business with them at this point, but they took our order, took our money and then sent us a letter saying that they are insolvent and will not be paying any of it's creditors!!! Do the research on a company before you send them your $$.

lyyang
12-04-2003, 07:04 PM
We had ordered a Shermag glider and ottoman from Good Night Ben and paid a deposit of 1/2 of purchase price. As we all know, the Company has gone out of business and here we were with a newborn and no glider which was not what we had hoped for. I subsequently ordered the same glider from babymajesty.com for a lower purchase price than Good Night Ben. Much to our delight, the glider arrived at our door in 12 days (well within the 3 weeks delivery timeline Baby Majesty stated). Given the poor experience with Good Night Ben, I was very happy with Baby Majesty.