PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with my Pottery Barn Bumper?

dowell13
11-01-2003, 08:02 PM
My husband and I registered for the Velour Animals set from the Pottery Barn Kids. We have a standard 28" X 52" Childcraft crib, but I can't seem to tie the bumper so that there is a tie at each corner. Also, it seems too long for the crib and must overlap. I am considering returning it. Any suggestions or tricks on how to tie it safely and securely?

jbeamer
11-01-2003, 10:27 PM
We have a Pottery Barn bumper also. I ran it the length of the crib, overlapped it and then tied it securely to the nearests rails. I don't think it is tied at all the corners specifically, but at least at a near by rail. I have never had a problem with it.

new_mommy25
11-02-2003, 01:37 AM
Hi, I have a Pottery Barn bumper and it does overlap. It doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you, how about washing it? I haven't washed ours yet but I seem to recall another thread saying they do shrink up a bit.

Also, it is actually better if you do not tie your bumper onto the corners. I did that originally and it is very difficult to raise, lower the drop side. I tied it on the nearest slats and I actually think it looks better. On my crib the corners are thicker and it was harder to tie because the ties weren't quite long enough, resulting in a not so attractive bow. I can take a picture if you like, I would do it now but its 10:30 and everyone is asleep. (I wish I was too, why can't I sleep at night?!?)
Hope that helps!

Chris
12-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I had the same trouble with a bumper from Kids Company Store (or The Company Store for kids, rather). When I went to order from pottery barn (I returned the one from Kids), I asked the dimensions and it was the same. I could never get the one from Kids to fit tightly and so it concerned me. Kids told me it was standard bumper but then said it might be to fit more expnsive cribs with larger posts. In any event, I did not purchase from Pottery Barn for that reason. Not sure this helped, but you are not the only one to find this out.