PDA

View Full Version : Legacy vs. Babi Italia

marley47
11-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Ok, I know these are 2 really different brands ... but we're debating b/t a Babi Italia from BRU and a Legacy crib from a specialty store. I've read a little on both, but am wondering if anyone has opinions/suggestions on either? I like both of them and the prices are similar; but I want to make sure I get a good quality product that lasts.
Thanks in advance for your help!!

csa12
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I have a legacy crib and love it. DS is 9 months now and it is still as solid and quiet as it was the first day we used it. It is the simple shaker style in antique white and it is gorgeous. I paid $369 I think for it. I don't think you can go wrong with either crib it may just boil down to what specific style catches your eye. Have you seen both in real life? I totally underestimated how important a quiet railing release mechanism was prior to DS's birth. I did test this out on a variety of cribs and was impressed with the Legacy cribs. Other things to consider that may help with your decision: did you find the railing release mechanism easy to use on both? Could you do it one handed? (important factor too) Were you thinking about getting a matching changing table and dresser and if so which brand offered the components that you liked? What have you heard about customer service? (I am not sure about babi Italia, but I have had no trouble with Legacy's customer service.) It only took a couple of weeks to get my crib and I never had any trouble getting in touch wtih Legacy wtih my numerous questions prior to buying. Overall, I have been pleased with my Legacy crib.

Good luck with your decision,
Cheryl

jtlee
11-05-2003, 05:33 PM
I just received my Bonavita crib, which is produced by the same company that produces Babi Italia. To say the least, I am very disappointed. The crib arrived with a crack in the headboard where the slat attaches (which could eventually cause a strangle hazard) as well as damage (chips, dents and scratches) to the dresser and the crib. The store I ordered from has been great, and is reodering both items for me, but I'll have to wait another 8-10 weeks, which makes my total wait time 17 weeks. There is some doubt whether this will even be resolved before baby arrives (which is why I ordered 4 months in advance in the first place). If I had to do it again, I would not special order (go somewhere where you can pick up the crib that day to avoid having to wait and then potentially deal with shipping / other damage) and I would not order from La Jobi (Bonavita / Babi Italia). For such an expensive crib (the one I ordered was $700!) I expect much better quality and service.

JMarie
11-05-2003, 08:16 PM
We have a Legacy crib from the Country Cottage collection and just love it. We recently ran into a problem with lowering the mattress and customer service responded within 4 hours to my email and sent out the replacement parts the next day - all resolved within a week! HTH!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

marley47
11-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Thank you all for your input, it is really appreciated!! Any other comments/suggestions will also be - we're still trying to decide!
Thanks again:)

ThreeLittleAngels
11-21-2003, 02:13 PM
We have a Babi Italia crib that we've been using for almost 2 years. It's been a great crib! It's very sturdy, the wood still looks brand new, DD LOVES her bed. I'll probably be buying a second one for the new baby instead of pulling DD out of her bed.

MelissaTC
11-27-2003, 11:31 PM
We have a Babi Italia. It has served us well for the past 17 months. I know a few people with the same model (Carlisle Sleigh) and they are happy with it too. We matched it up with the Childcraft 6 drawer dresser...