PDA

View Full Version : Dressers and Case Pieces to match Pottery Barn "Honey" Wood finish

jennkate
11-05-2003, 11:29 AM
We have already purchased the Pottery Barn Sleigh Crib in the "Honey" wood finish (the wood is maple) but don't want to buy Pottery Barn's matching case pieces. I am now searching for a matching three-drawer dresser (that we will use as a changing table and a dresser)that will be more affordable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jenn

farsk
11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Jenn,

I would suggest that you try either EG or College Woodworks. I got a Morgieu-Lepine crib and a College dresser and they matched perfectly. I ordered all of my stuff from Goodnight Ben, but I have since tried to order a bookcase from them, and they're phone has been disconnected. You may want to give them an e-mail.

Good Luck!
-Shannon
Mom to Ellen 7/23/2003

vpalmer
11-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Jenn,

I have attached a picture of DD's nursery. The corner shelf you see is in Pottery Barn's honey finish. Our 3 drawer dresser is Bonavita and matches almost perfectly. The collection is Clayton and the finish pecan. Although the prices are not much better than PBK, the quality is much better.

http://www.bonavita-cribs.com/clay.html

Good Luck!

Veronica
Mom to Eva 6-12-03

jennkate
11-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Thank you both!

Veronica that is a great match, I will definitely look into it.

Looks like the Goodnight Ben company is having problems - I'll hold off on ordering anything from them.

Any other suggestions?

rhymeswithfizz
11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
We just bought an unfinished two-level dresser to use as a changing table from a local unfinished furniture store, to match a Baby Dream crib in a similar color. Saved about $300 too! I'll stain it to match.

psully
09-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for some reviews on college woodwork furniture. There is nothing on this site or in the book.
don't know if it's dovetailed, sturdy, worth the price, etc....
thanks.

MarieBunny
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
I too got an unfinished dresser stained to match DS's honey colored crib. It matches fine and saved us a ton of $$.