PDA

View Full Version : Jardine Madison Crib line?

Debima
11-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi, my husband and I ventured to BRU today to check out nursery furniture. We really liked the Jardine Madison line, but I'm a little worried because I've heard some bad things about Jardine. We like that the sides are stationary. (Anyone have stationary sides and wish they didn't?) Just wondering if anyone can help us with a little information. Anyone else thinking about the Madison line? The salesperson said it was a fairly new addition to the Jardine line of products. Thanks for your help!

ecmay
11-13-2003, 05:43 AM
My salesperson at BRU was very honest and referred to all Jardine products as "garbage." He said don't bother, even for the good prices. The softer/cheaper woods used reduce longevity and make the crib less sturdy over time, if you are planning to have another baby. The Baby Bargains book seems to agree. I haven't purchased our crib yet but am planning to go with a Simmons or Pali.

911Mom
01-25-2004, 02:18 AM
My husband and I just returned from BB R US and we shook the crib,l looked at the make/quality of the furniture and found it to be very nice and appears very durable, this was the floor model in which was in excellent shape from all the abuse people put it through. At this point we are going to go for it, anyone else with positive or negative feed back on this crib/set of furniture, thanks Kim EDD 6/04

Debima
01-25-2004, 10:56 AM
We ended up buying the crib and the 2 pieces of furniture that go with it. The nursery is all set up and we're pleased with our purchase. It will be another month at least before we put it to any use, but just wanted to let you know that the crib is as sturdy and beautiful at home as it was in the store. Good luck!

phirey
01-25-2004, 01:08 PM
We had concerns about buying a Jardine crib last year even though it was the only crib in our price range that we really really liked. Also, at least at all three BRU in our area, the Jardines seemed to shake the least of all cribs available. We almost opted for a Baby Italia in white -- which they don't usually show in store -- but then we saw one that someone had special ordered and didn't want. No wonder they didn't want it -- the Baby Italia paint had chips and scratches all over it!

Even though I had concerns about the Jardine, we ended up buying the crib. DD is over 14 months and the crib shows absolutely no signs of wear and tear. It is white and no chips or scratches yet. You can yank on it from all directions and it does not move. We moved when DD was 3 months old and it did not hurt the crib -- and it's been through all four mattress height adjustments without any change in sturdiness.

FWIW, my best friend bought a high-rated Baby Italia (A-?) a few months before me because she was too worried about the Jardine that she liked. She's now expecting her second and is going to have to replace her crib because it is way too wobbly and her DS keeps pinching his finger between the side and the headboard as it moves.

So all in all, those who have concerns about Jardine cribs should not. I'd buy mine again in a heartbeat!

HTH

Toba
01-25-2004, 08:31 PM
We also were leery of the Jardine line because of the remarks on this board, but let me tell you, we love our Jardine crib. Noah isn't here yet, but the crib has been set up in his nursery for a month now and I keep playing with it (putting the side up and down, etc.). It's extremely sturdy and quite beautiful. And it was easy to put together. We also bought the matching dresser, armoire and changing table/dresser that matches and all those pieces are well put together and beautiful.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan due on 03/21/04

911Mom
02-22-2004, 09:17 PM
We decided to go with the crib and furniture. For all the bad wrap it has, the cribs are currently on back order until April, per BBru this is the most popular crib and they have a difficult time keeping up with the demand. The floor moddels is multiple differnt stores were in far better condition then the others with better ratings. We found at least 2 highly recommended cribs with broken hardware along with rails that were broken from the abuse the customers put them through. So we've made a solid decision to go withthe Jardin Madison with the matching furniture. 911mom, Ryan will be here 06/21/04

lydiaach
01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
We'll be getting this crib and dresser as well. I really liked it the most out of all the furniture at BRU and I am just deciding between Natural and White.

911Mom
01-02-2005, 07:08 PM
We now have had the crib in use for 7 months and the only problem we are having is the finish is pealing off the changing table in very large chunks! The crib and the armoire are still in perfect condition without blemishes but were we lean or rub against the front of the changing table has no finish any longer. We are attempting to contact Jardine and see what they will do about this because there is no way this piece of furniture will last until the next one, so beware of the natural finish, maybe we got a lemon!? 911mom of Ryan 71/2 months.