PDA

View Full Version : Ragazzi delivery problems??

Brindles01
11-12-2003, 10:09 AM
15 weeks and no furniture!! I am so mad I can't see straight, but I don't know if it's a manufacturer problem or a retailer problem. The store I ordered from quoted me Nov. 1st, and I am due Dec. 9th, so I thought that would be fine. Well, here I am with nothing, and I've called them for three weeks straight with NO return phone calls. I finally got someone and scheduled delivery for this morning, but at that time they couldn't even tell me if my stuff would actually be there to deliver. So, at 4:30 yesterday I still hadn't gotten a phone call to confirm delivery, so I called. Believe it or not, the person who needed to help me wasn't in. SO, I got angry with them and finally got a call at 6:30 saying that all of my pieces were not in, and that Ragazzi has been very difficult. 15 weeks, but the Ragazzi website says 2 weeks on cribs, 8 weeks max on anything else. The crib just got here this week (15 weeks), and they say my changing table is the delay and that it will not leave Ragazzi for at least another week, putting it in my house in three weeks at best. WHAT TO DO??? Of course, I've already paid $2000+. I'm just curious if anyone else has had problems getting orders from Ragazzi, so I can then decide who to take this up with. If not, I will park my car in front of the store with a sign saying "if you're due in 9 months or less, don't buy anything from here!" If it's a Ragazzi problem, then I'll figure out some equally as damaging approach.

Mad in N.C. (why do they mess with pregnant women???)

babsmas
11-13-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with Ragazzi. My experience, fortunately, has been pleasant thus far.

My due date is December 23; I ordered my furniture in early October and was told by the store (one of the few Ragazzi dealers in my area -- Larry's in Westwood, NJ -- nice store, BTW!) that it would take 8-10 weeks. We worked on the assumption that the furniture would be in near the baby's due date. No problem, since I plan to have my baby sleep near me in a bassinette the first few weeks.

Imagine my surprise, however, when the store called last week -- roughly 6 weeks AFTER I had ordered, saying that my furniture was in! Now I'm just hoping that everything with the furniture is okay (condition, right items ordered, etc.), as I did order a few pieces (crib, dresser with changing table attachment and a mini-armoire). We have scheduled delivery the week after Thanksgiving (after the nursery is painted and papered).

While there may be some delays on Ragazzi's end, I strongly suspect that the store with which you are dealing is not doing its best to provide you good customer service. I hope you didn't pay everything up front; a reliable store will only request an initial down payment, then final payment about 2 weeks prior to delivery.

And if you don't get prompt answers or have this matter resolved to your satisfaction, run, don't walk, to your local BBB and file a complaint. Bad customer service is unacceptable under any circumstance. Having to go through this while pregnant and hormonal is even worse!

I'm sorry for your situation and hope that it gets resolved soon.

babs

awaiting the Peanut (edd 12/23/03)

wdland45
11-13-2003, 12:57 PM
I have ordered Ragazzi furniture several times over the last 1 1/2, all from the same retailer. Everytime I order, my furniture is EARLY. I too am in NJ - ordered from Baby Gallery in Elizabeth and they were great. I agree that it sounds like a retailer issue. Sorry. I hope you get your furniture soon.

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

cuca_
11-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I am in NY and have placed two separate orders for Ragazzi furniture and both times it came in early. I hope you were able to solve your situation. It sounds like the problem is most likely with the store and not with the manufacturer. (At least in light of the experiences posted here). Good luck.