PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Low Dresser - Buyers Remorse??

cathyny
11-20-2003, 05:05 PM
For those who bought a Hi-Low Dresser , did you also buy the Hutch to go with it at the same time. I had thought that we would buy the dresser first & then we he got older buy the hutch. Now I am kind of thinking we should have just bought a standard dresser without the tower. We have had such problems with the coloring of the wood (its pecan) that I am really doubting that the hutch will match the dresser when we finally order it. If you did not get a hutch what did you do when they get older?

thanks!
Cathy
Adopting baby boy from Russia

amp
11-20-2003, 05:12 PM
My son isn't older yet, but we bought just a high/low dresser changing table and we did not buy a hutch for it. I don't think I will regret it at all. Later we can use the top of the dresser for items, and we also have a large bookcase in there to store things on. Plus, if we did decide we needed a hutch, our dresser is painted, so we could just paint them the same color.

peanut4us
11-20-2003, 07:58 PM
We bought one without the hutch... it seemed like the hutch would be both unsafe and in the way if we changed Sara on the hi-low. We love ours. It's from MOther Hubbard's Cupboard and they matched the Bonavita stain on our crib. Incredible product.

vickip
11-22-2003, 11:14 AM
We bought the hutch. I wanted to have it for easy-to-reach storage of baby changing items, and also have a bookshelf for the many baby books I've collected. It also finished off the piece as a nice piece of room furniture. My only worry is that we also bought the pecan color, which I do love -- but think it will be very hard to match down the road when we buy add'l furniture for the room.

Vicki

PattiB
11-24-2003, 01:46 PM
We bought the RumbleTuff hi-lo with a matching hutch for baby items and books, etc. I really like the look of the hutch but unfortunately I discovered that the bottom shelf is not removable - although I was told it was. So it looks like we'll have to take the hutch off and store it until the baby's older because I think it will be very difficult changing her with that bottom shelf there. With the hutch on there's still plenty of room for using the top of the dresser to store items, etc., but I do think it will be in the way for changing purposes. RumbleTuff also makes a smaller changing pad made just for those that use a hutch on top of the dresser. I don't really have buyers remorse though because now I have the matching hutch and I know I'll use it later.

Good luck!
Patti

Dawn762
11-24-2003, 04:57 PM
I have two siblings with hi-los: one with and one without a hutch. My observation is that the hutch looks great, but is a cramped space for baby who grows larger and wants to stand up, wiggle, etc. which won't work with a hutch and it gets removed.

Thus, I bought a lovely "Mother" hi-lo and no hutch, instead I went and got a couple of shelves and mounted them high enough over it to suit me. Now I can grab what I want and my baby has room to move. One thing: I'm tall so the hutch was simply cramped for MY liking and the shelves are high enough so I can get things easily while the little one can't!

Hope this helps,

Dawn