PDA

View Full Version : Best mattress for Pali crib?

mommyj
11-20-2003, 09:45 PM
I just won a Pali crib on Ebay :) Anyway, now I need to figure out which mattress to buy. Should I buy a Pali mattress, or would another one be just as good? For those of you with Pali cribs, which mattress did you get?
I hadn't read much in the crib section of the book because we co-sleep, but I decided to get a crib for daytime naps.
TIA!

PattiB
11-24-2003, 01:48 PM
We bought a Colgate Classica mattress (recommended by BB book)to use in the Pali crib and it fits perfectly.

HTH,
Patti

Dawn762
11-24-2003, 04:50 PM
I agree -- I have a Pali crib and have a Colgate mattress (foam, 2-sides for firmer or softer options). Fits perfectly.

My only warning to you is that my Pali crib's edging is so wide, no mobile can be attached to it! It took some special maneuvering to make something that attached solid and didn't hang in baby's face. If I had known this would have been a problem, I would not have bought a Pali crib.

dotgirl
11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
We have a Pali crib, and we use the Kolcraft foam mattress (available at Target for $30). We found put about it from the Fields' book - it's comparable to the Colgate foam mattress.

mommyj
11-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Thanks! Now I don't have to dig under the piles of papers on my desk to find my book :)

JustMare
12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
We opted for a coil mattress and are very happy with the Simmons Maxipedic at BRU for $89 (recommended in the book for one of the best coil mattresses).

We went with coil for two reasons:

1) Many many mom's here have posted that foam mattresses can be too hard and baby won't sleep in the crib due to the mattress. Don't know how true this is, just something we considered a negative.

2) We don't plan on taking off the crib sheet too often. We purchased two Ultimate Crib Sheets which go on top of our decorative crib sheet. Changing sheets are literally a "snap" with the UCS. Therefore, mattress weight was never an issue.