PDA

View Full Version : will a PaknPlay bassinet be okay for first 2 months

Zana
11-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My baby is due end of March and have just started looking into baby stuff. We are currently in Philly but will be moving to Houston mid-June. I am sure we could buy a crib and just dismantle it when we move.
But I was wondering if anyone uses the PaknPlay bassinet as a regular full-time bassinet for the first 3-4 months or is it just something for temporary sleeping etc? I was thinking that I could use it at least till we settle down in Houston and then buy a crib after we move.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Zana

amp
11-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Yes, you can use it as a bassinet until you move. We only use ours downstairs for napping, but plenty of people use it as a bassinet for sleeping in mommy & daddy's room at night.

Momof3Labs
11-21-2003, 03:40 PM
The PNP bassinet has a fairly low weight limit - around 15 lbs - but if baby hits that limit before you move, you'll have to put baby in the bottom of the PNP. Still no big deal, it is very doable, but you should be aware of that!

kaitlinsmommy
11-21-2003, 03:43 PM
DD slept in our room in the PNP bassinet for 4 months. It worked well for us.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-22-2003, 11:26 PM
we are still using the pack n play at 8 months. Not the bassinet, but the bottom part for her to sleep in.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

spencersmommy
11-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Zana,
Our DS slept in the bassinet part for 3 months and it was fine. Get one with the changing table attachment and that is all you'll need. We hardly went into his room until he was 3 months old. You don't need to set up a nursery this way. Just wait until you move. Good luck!
Amy
Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

Laru
11-25-2003, 08:27 AM
My daughter actually sleeps better in the PNP than her crib! She just turned 6 mos and just now barely went over the weight limit. One suggestion I would make, get the full sized bassinet. We got the 3/4, and it's been okay but Kathryn is long and often wakes herself up when moving arms and legs and hitting the sides.

Laurie

jennifer13
11-25-2003, 12:44 PM
To make the pnp even better, you could order a fleece sheet. The Graco ones are not very soft, but the fleece one from Kushies is great. I found one on kidsurplus.com for $7. You could do a search on this board too- that's how I found out about them.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

s7714
11-25-2003, 09:59 PM
DD slept in the bassinet until she was about 3 months old. I second the earlier mention of getting the full length bassinet and not just the 3/4 length one. DD was out growing the 3/4 length one by the end of her 2nd month.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

Zana
11-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks to everyone! I feel much better about going for the PNP. I'm glad the sheets came up though - When I look for sheets for the bassinet (full size), what size am I looking for? are they just called bassinet sheets?

Thanks

Zana

divabell
11-29-2003, 11:50 AM
I got the Carter's portable crib sheets at BRU. They fit the regular PNP mattress, which you also use with the full-size bassinet.

jennifer13
11-30-2003, 08:26 PM
I would search for PNP sheet- the bassinet matress is the same matress that goes on the bottom- at least in the model I have (and have seen).

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

starrynight
12-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Eliza is in our room in a regular PNP. I already had this one from the other kids and didn't want to go out and spend money on a new bassinett one. She sleeps fine in it :). When she sleeps through the night I will move her to the crib.