PDA

View Full Version : Mobile AND "soother" type toy

infomama
11-21-2003, 10:02 PM
OK..we are making the big move from cradle in our room to crib in her room. The question I have is this:

Think we need a mobile and another toy, one that soothes DD to sleep. The mobile we are concidering may be too stimulating for nite time (plus she wont be able to see it in the dark, music alone doesnt seem to cut it). She loves looking at light..sometimes it seems that the only thing that makes her contented is a light source (she likes the little light that the cribside CD player has on it or the little white christmas lights we have on a ficus tree). Anyone know about the Leapfrog Dreamscapes Soother or the Gloworm Slumbertime?

As far as the mobile is concerned, I am planning on the Tiny Love Symphony in motion deluxe version with the animals. I am a bit worried about the reports of noisy beads, however I like the remote idea.

I have a crib CD player and wish a white noise CD would do alone but I digress...

thanks all!

amp
11-22-2003, 02:57 PM
I haven't used it personally, but what about the Fisher Price Aquarium crib thing? It lights up, makes soothing water noises and plays music.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005YVRN/qid=1069529678/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-6857419-2375868?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

I've heard it's nice.

vikivoly
11-30-2003, 11:41 PM
The FP Aquarium is great. DD just turned 1 and we still use it. She loves it. I highly recommend it.

infomama
12-01-2003, 10:00 AM
We decided in the LeapFrog Deamscapes and so far are really happy with it. We paid $30 at Wal-Mart but I saw it on Amazon.com for $20.
Our DD loves light and it emits a soft light from a screen that scrolls two different sets of images (depending on the setting). It has a night light that stays illuminated for two minutes..nice for when I put her back down in the middle of the night and want to tuck her in.The music is really nice, not at all mechanical sounding. It has three settings and a variable volume control (most toys are just soft or loud). A female voice (also really soothing) tells a story on one setting and on another she goes through a little bedtime ritual ("good night feet, good night toes...").
So far so good..thanks for the feedback.

mattiew
12-01-2003, 11:12 AM
DD loved the Symphony in Motion mobile with animals, I was so sad for her when we had to take it down. I left the music box portion on her crib and at 1 she still loves to turn it on and off and push the buttons. As far as the bead noise - I didn't think it was a big deal and she didn't seem to notice it either. It would have never crossed my mind to even "report" the noise.

Hope that helps!
Carrie

infomama
12-01-2003, 01:55 PM
That is the mobile we were planning on getting but I read some feedback (BBB or BRU website, no sure which one) that the arm fell off and into the crib!