PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Glider/Rockers at BRU???

kristenk
11-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Yesterday DH and I went to BRU to check out glider/rockers. I kept putting off shopping for the glider because, quite frankly, seeing 20 rockers all in a row at BRU was a little overwhelming and I knew it just got worse from there! We found 5 glider models (3 Shermag, 2 Dutailier) that we're interested in, but I'd like to see if I can find prices for them online.

When we got home, I looked at Dutailier's web site and I can't figure out which glider models on the website were the ones we liked in person. I wrote down the BRU model # or item # or whatever they call it and what looked like part of the SKU (basically all of the numbers that BRU associated with the model). Does anyone know how to translate BRU numbers into actual Dutailier or Shermag models? Or, if I need to go back to BRU to determine the actual model numbers, how do I find them when I go???

Thanks,
Kristen
expecting #1, 2/28/04

cmferrara
11-24-2003, 08:33 AM
I have no idea. I experienced the same exact problem when I was shopping in the store and then went to Dutailier's website. I didn't find their website helpful at all. We ultimately purchased our glider from the store after sitting in it etc.. when it came in we had a heck of a time figuring out how to put the cushions on (snaps etc... everywhere) and I again went to Dutailier's website (because there are NO instructions that come with the glider on how to install the cushions - which IMHO are much more complicated than putting on the base of the chair (which has instructions?)). Again Dutailier's website was absolutely NO help what so ever. I think you are probably better off discussing any questions you may have with the retailer.
Christie
Annapolis, MD

ttiger72
11-24-2003, 02:09 PM
I believe it's becuase the Dutailiers that are at BRU are made for BRU only. I would recommend shopping around at other Dutailier dealers before buying from BRU.

Tony

cmferrara
11-25-2003, 08:26 AM
We didn't purchase our glider from BrU but we had the same problem. We purchased from buy buy baby. IMHO (and as a programmer myself) I didn't find Dutailier's website at all helpful. If I had to base my purchase solely on the website they wouldn't have made any money off of me.

angiegirlrn
11-26-2003, 04:09 PM
angiegirlrn: What is the difference between a Shermag and a Dutailier glider? Just name brands? Where is the best place to buy one? I'm starting early....due in May. Thanks.