PDA

View Full Version : A Safe Baby Wipe Warmer?

Dawn762
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Is there such a thing? All I read about are horror stories and recalls about this (admittedly extraneous in my mind) nursery gear. What do folks think about baby wipe warmers and are there any which are safe? [Electric shock, burning wipes and melting rubber feet to the resting surface seem to be the norm in "unsafe" products.]

Momof3Labs
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
If you feel that it is extraneous (I agree), then skip it! It isn't a necessity - we did just fine (even with a winter baby in Chicago) without it!

cmferrara
11-25-2003, 08:24 AM
I agree..
I gave absolutely no thought what-so-ever to a baby wipe warmer. IMHO there are many other things that are higher on the priority list than that.
Christie
Annapolis,MD

momma_boo
11-25-2003, 10:00 AM
I would have to agree that a wipes warmer is not a necessity. DH kept wanting to buy one, but I wouldn't let him and we haven't missed it. If the wipe feels really cold, I'll hold it between my hands for a few seconds to take some of the chill off, but DD doesn't seem to notice a difference. These days, she's too busy squirming away, flipping over, or other craziness!

C99
11-25-2003, 09:42 PM
You don't need a wipe warmer, but I've never had any problems with ours, which was made by Dekor.

farsk
11-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Hello!

I admit it...I have succumed to the wipe warmer! And I'm not ashamed to admit that I love it!haha!

We got the Prince Lionheart Top-Down Warmer...it warms from the top so the ones on the bottom don't get scorched. I seem to remember these type being recommended in the book.

Good Luck!

jec2
11-28-2003, 05:17 PM
We too have a wipes warmer. I enjoy having it. We have the prince lionhart from babies r us. I wasn't so concerned with staining of wipes as I was about the stories of it scorching/marking the dresser. So, I just bought a rectangular pottery plate from a kitchen store and use it as a coaster for the warmer.

amp
12-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Never used it (safety concerns), and never missed it. What on earth would we do when we changed his diaper outside of the house if warmed the household wipes?!

infomama
12-01-2003, 02:10 PM
We never use wipes unless we are out. A warm, wet washcloth is what we have been using for two months and DD has no sign of diaper rash (even the unsented ones smell of chemicals-yuck). I know wipes dont cause diaper rash but I understand they can contribute at times (think I read this in Parenting recently). We tried wipes the first week DD was home and went through a box of 72 in record time..its a waste of money! Get some baby (easier to handle since they are smaller..softer too)washcloths and a little plastic bucket to place them in until you have enough for a mini load in the washer. Works for us!

Leo
07-16-2006, 02:31 PM
>
>
>We too have a wipes warmer. I enjoy having it. We have the
>prince lionhart from babies r us. I wasn't so concerned with
>staining of wipes as I was about the stories of it
>scorching/marking the dresser. So, I just bought a
>rectangular pottery plate from a kitchen store and use it as a
>coaster for the warmer.

We've used the price lionheart warmer for over a year now. Absolutely no problems. It has been left on top a light maple dresser for most of that time. No stains, etc.

I find it very convenient to get a warm, moist, wipe for cleaning DS's bottom. Makes the process faster, which is a good thing!