PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mattress doesn't fit crib!

jennmcl39
11-26-2003, 12:10 PM
We were able to snag the last Kolcraft Extra Heavy Density Foam Mattress at Target....and it doesn't fit snugly enough in our crib! We bought Angel Line's Dela and really love it, but now I'm worried we won't find a mattress to fit. Before we break out the tape measure and start mattress shopping again, does anybody know if there's a way to make a mattress fit?? It won't take much to make it secure...any ideas?

Momof3Labs
11-26-2003, 12:50 PM
How much room is on each side? Cribs and crib mattresses are pretty standard in sizing.

jennmcl39
11-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Lori,

Well, instead of one finger, I can pretty much get my whole hand in there! I haven't measured, but the mattress easily slides from side to side. Not big gaping gaps, but it doesn't fit snugly, either. Am I just expecting it to fit more tightly than it should?

jennkate
12-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi, I posted this exact same thing a few weeks ago! We bought the same matress and it was WAY too small for our PB sleig crib, length wise (the width was fine). There was no way it was safe. With all the information out there on SIDS, we didn't want to risk "jimmying it" to make it work and I worried that we would never find a matress that fit, because I was told that all crib matresses were the same size. NOT TRUE! Although it was a pain, we had no hassles returning it to Target.

I'm at work now, so I can't tell you which mattress it is, but we went to BRU, and went through all of their offerings. They have the measurements listed on the product information (price) tags. We chose a Simmons (the one that was the longest that they carry) and bought it with fingers crossed. It fits our crib perfectly! Of course it was about twice the price of the one from Target, and coil (not foam) but we were SO relieved to find something that fit.

Don't give up, you'll find the right mattress!

Jenn

jennmcl39
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks Jenn! Our problem is the other way around, with the length being fine... it just seems a little loose in the width dept. I'll check out the onesat BRU....thanks again!

jennkate
12-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Good luck Jen, you'll find something for sure.

;-)