PDA

View Full Version : Aspen 3-in-1 Sleep System & Crib by Graco - Is this a Good crib?

ssierzega
12-08-2003, 11:52 AM
I have some reservations about buying this crib. The Baby Bargains book lists Graco with a low grade on their first attempt at these types of cribs. This particular crib though, seems to be a newer version or a possible second try at these types of steel mattress support cribs.

Does anyone have this crib or is anyone else buying it? I have somewhat of a tight budget right now and want something with a drawer in the wood color. This is what I was looking at.

Thank you-

britchick
12-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi there,well i have this crib and have used it for 7 months with my 27 month old.I bought this one,so the new baby could have the old crib(which doesnt convert to a toddler bed).This one i can take the side off and use as a toddler bed when Andrew is ready.It seems really sturdy,the trundle drawer is brilliant.Just pushes back under when you are finished with it..Now my son is a bit of a brute and is always jumping etc in the crib and the crib is holding up just fine.The drop down side is still working like new.I think for the $$ it is a good buy.I am glad we got it..The only bad thing is the putting it together,but i had hubby do it,so it wasnt hard for me-lol.It is a bit of a pain to get the matress support together,but once it is done,you dont need to do it again.Please feel free to email me for any specifics or even a pic. HTH RAchel [email protected]

parentstobe
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Rachel,

I am considering this crib as well. Here are my questions:

1. Is it easy to adjust the matrix height?

2. Is the door release smooth and quite? I assume this works with one hand and has knee push release.

3. Does this has one piece of wood or bars to support the Matrix?

Thanks

Al