PDA

View Full Version : Gliders - how important is reclining? Other critical features?

susan727
12-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I ordered furniture from BRU (crib, dresser, chest) but couldn't figure out what to do about the glider - so put that off. I now realize that I'm at something of a loss as to the really important features. A recline feature seems really nice, but BRU only has 2 and I didn't love either one (one was ugly, the other doesn't have a lock that locks the glide in place, it only locks the recline degree in place). I want to get the glider at BRU b/c they have them in stock (or can get them very fast) and I want one soon.

So, how important is the recline feature? What are other important things? After having sat in a bunch the one thing that leaps to mind as important is width - I'm not huge, but not little either and the one glider that my husband loves seems a little snug for me - not that it's too small, but just that it fits "just right" and I like more space.

So, thoughts on recline and other features? Thank you very much.

- Susan, EDD 2/17/04.

Momof3Labs
12-15-2003, 03:03 PM
I don't have a reclining glider but definitely wish that I did. I know that I would use it more if I did - the glider doesn't get much use around here!

LucyG
12-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Our glider - a Dutalier - both reclines and locks into multiple positions. I think both features are invaluable. It is SOOO much easier to get comfortable when you aren't sitting straight up! We got ours from rockingchairoutlet.com. Don't know whether they are still in business, but we were very pleased with them.

gisele
12-15-2003, 05:02 PM
I also have a Dutalier glider that reclines and locks into multiple positions. I cannot tell you how glad we are that we got those features. My husband and I have both spent many hours with the baby in the chair in a recline position - when baby is sick, sometimes holding him in the chair is the only way he will sleep, and I sleep in the chair too reclined. And I often lock the chair when I nurse to get in a better position. We bought our chair from babycatalog.com

kaitlinsmommy
12-17-2003, 01:58 AM
Just want to say that I would never use our glider if it didn't recline. It is so much more comfortable for those late-night rocking sessions.

Karenn
12-17-2003, 02:10 AM
Another vote for the recline feature! Mine reclines and I really don't think I would have survived the first year without it. I've taken countless naps and spent more than a few nights in ours (with the baby of course!) It's near the top of my list of favorite baby purchases! The only other "must" on my glider list was cushie arm rests, but I think that's pretty much standard these days.