PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for Crib in Denver Metro Area

sillyjodestoo
12-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone! I've been checking out this website for a little while now. My husband and I have been trying to find a good place to shop for cribs. We live close enough to Denver to shop there, but not close enough to know were to shop. We were unimpressed by the Babiesrus in Westminster. Does anyone have suggestions?

GonzoPippi
12-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi! I don't know much help I'll be, as I haven't found any great places to shop around here either. I will say that the Westminster Babies 'R Us has terrible customer service and poorly assembled cribs. They leave broken cribs out on the floor! I tried to get our rocker there and finally had to get it at the Littleton location after being completely ignored by the staff in Westminster. The Highlands Ranch location is a bit better. That's where we got our crib. I despise USA Baby. Their prices are ridiculous, sales are a joke, and the staff is useless. Baby Depot (I went to the one on East Mississippi in Aurora) is also not good. The prices are nice, but the cribs aren't properly assembled. Baby World (on Monaco, just south of Leetsdale) has very nice cribs and overly-helpful salespeople. They carry a lot of the Italian cribs and Colgate foam mattresses. I didn't buy there because I was looking for a more affordable crib (ended up with the Simmons Matino). But they do have very pretty cribs and they're assembled tightly.

I was so fed up with the process I was going to order online from babyage.com, but they stopped selling the Sorelle I wanted.

Good luck, is all I can say. Do you know what you're looking for yet? It can be so complicated. (The Sorelle Rita I wanted was called the C&T International Rita at Baby Depot and Golden Baby Jessica at Babies 'R Us- why do they have to do that???)

(:
Laura

rhymeswithfizz
12-22-2003, 11:24 AM
You must must MUST check out Baby World in Denver, I think they're on Monaco. (They're in the phone book.) We bought our crib there and I was thrilled with the service and the selection of cribs. Much higher quality! I think they're a little pricier, but i quizzed and pestered the sales staff so much, and they were so knowledgeable and helpful, that it was sooooo worth it to me to pay a few extra bucks for a nicer crib. They really know their stuff!! Find out when they are having their next sale to get 20% off of your crib purchase.

Our crib was in stock and we picked it up the very next day. It was in perfect condition and we put it together with no issues. We got the lower-end model Baby's Dream crib, and with the 20% discount at the time it was under $300, less than the one we like the best at BRU, and much better quality.

sillyjodestoo
12-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Hi, thanks you guys for your imput. We went to USA Baby yesterday and liked some of them. I found directions to the Baby World on Monaco, and we hope to get there soon. I'm really liking some of the Bonavita cribs I've seen online. I want to see them in person, so hopefully Baby World will carry them.
Thanks again,