PDA

View Full Version : Showerbaby experience

Tequillacowgirl
12-23-2003, 09:53 PM
I read about the shower baby on this website..I am curious about people's experience with it? Is there anything out there that is similar?

mchasal
12-24-2003, 08:39 PM
We LOVE our Showerbaby, (you've probably seen my postings if you have searched). It makes the changing process so much simpler. We dread leaving the house, because we may have to change DS without the benefit of our Showerbaby. We use it for every change and for showers as well.

It is a bit pricey, but when you consider that it can replace a changing table and a baby tub, as well as saving money on wipes, its not too hard to justify.

It does take up some space and you have to have the room around the toilet (an inch or so on each side, and a clear wall above) in order to use it. The showerhead just hooks to the sink faucet, so that has to be reasonably close as well, or you can do some creative plumbing.

I don't think there is another product that is like it out there, at least not that I have come across.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Mike

youngnan
01-24-2004, 05:17 PM
I second Mike's rave. Whenever we have a messy diaper, my husband calls the Showerbaby a "lifesaver." It's really ingenious and is one of our essential pieces of baby gear.

We used to bathe our son exclusively on the Showerbaby, but now that he's older, we give him more immersion baths. But we've worked the showerbaby into our bathing ritual by using it right before putting him in the bath. Once take off his diaper and spray warm water on his lower body, he usually pees if he needs to. Using this method, he's never made a mess in the bath.

We're glad that we can encourage him to relieve himself once we take his diaper off, since we just spray the mess down the drain. I feel that he will be well-prepared to potty-train when he's ready because he already seems to wait until we take his diaper off before urinating. It's also a relief to be able to wash his bottom thoroughly with soap and water anytime he's made a mess. We're thrilled that he has rarely had diaper rash, and we almost never need baby wipes at home.