PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if wrong forum - Anyone have any experience with Body` Pillows?

MaddyBlues
12-26-2003, 07:54 PM
My DW is 5 months along now and sleeping is becoming an issue. She has been using multiple pillows between her knees, behind her back, under her tummy (realy showing due to TWINS)but since nothing is connected pillows end up everywhere...

Has anyone used a full body pillow? I have been looking at this one :
http://www.pregnancystore.com/snoogle_pregnancy_body_pillow.htm

but was curious if anyone had recommendations on brand...

Thanks (as always)
R

amp
12-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Have not used it personally, but a woman in my childbirth class swore the Snoogle was a lifesaver and she was sooo glad that her husband bought it for her! Congrats on the twins and good luck!

hobey
12-26-2003, 09:18 PM
DH bought me a snoogle early in my pregnancy and it has been a lifesaver. I either used it alone or with a combo of 3 other pillows but it did help make sleeping more comfy. Best of luck w/ the twins.

Raquel
Mom to Nathan 12/19/03

Rachels
12-27-2003, 05:26 AM
I had a $10 one from Bed Bath & Beyond that saved my back! It was one of my most essential pregnancy items!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

kfcboston
12-27-2003, 02:25 PM
I used the same BB&B one and it did the job for me! Ended up with two, actually - one for behind me too...........managed to save a little smidge of room for DH! :)

Momof3Labs
12-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I used the same $10 one! It did just the trick for me!

jubilee
12-28-2003, 02:08 AM
I actually wound up preferring the multiple pillows instead of the full body pillow (from Bed, Bath, and Beyond also). I was glad I only spent $10 on it. But everyone is different!

nycrogers
12-28-2003, 03:00 PM
hi,
I got my wife the "big v pillow" from "bigvpillow.com"....it is a fullbody pillow in a very obtuse "v" angle.....she loves it - she has suffered from knee problems in the past, and this has really helped. Including shipping, it cost about $65....but it is machine washable, and very comfortable....I would highly recomend it.

s7714
12-31-2003, 01:38 AM
I just used a standard body pillow, but the next time around I think I'll probably get the Snoogle. I didn't need much tummy support really, only between the knees and back support. But, I'm a back sleeper...and keeping myself from rolling onto my back during the night was a major challenge. Even with the standard body pillow and extra pillows, I still managed to push the pillows away (in my sleep) and end up on my back. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the Snoogle instead.

Congrats on the twins!
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

cinrein
12-31-2003, 10:23 AM
Just to add to the mix---I also used a $10 from BBB. By the last trimester I added 3 regular pillows under my head (so I could breathe easier) and 2 under my feet to help with feet swelling. Using the pillow nest that I built, I was able to sleep pretty well throughout the pregnancy.

I think from these responses you should try anything you think might work. She may just need 1 body pillow, or several different pillows.

Good luck with your twins!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Cassandra27
01-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I got myself a Snoogle from Babies R US around week 20, and am really glad I did. It doesn't guarantee me perfect sleep every night, but it REALLY helps most of the time. The very first night I used it, I felt like I got my $59 worth out of it.

And the thing I like about it over the standard $10 body pillow is that it's very long and skinny, so it doesn't take much room and DH never feels like there's a 3rd person in bed with us, LOL. The white cover that it comes in is theoretically washable, though I'm not sure it would be so easy to put it back on after you take it off.

Anyway, I can't say enough good things about the Snoogle. If you're still shopping, you might try JC Penney's. I think they have at least one variation of a maternity body pillow on their web site.

Cass
edd 03/08/2004
It's a Girl!

Lisa Marie
01-01-2004, 07:02 PM
My hubby just got me a great body pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond for about $30. I tossed the wrapping but it was the only kind they had on the floor and it did mention Maternity use on front wrapper . It's tag reads made by Hollander Home Fashions out of Dallas, TX.

Anyway, it bends and twists to what ever possition I need it. I love it.

Best of luck on your search.

smatterchu
01-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey R,

I recognize you from the TWINS board. Kudos to you for having much of your shopping done, by the way. I have to get on the stick, because your wife and I have the exact same due date. I guess I have just been waiting for Christmas to be over with. DH went to Home Depot for a bunch of closet stuff so we can get organized...

Anyway, I know exactly what she's going through. I started feeling the same things about 3 weeks ago. I searched the web and came across this item. It's by the same folks who make the Snoogle (Leachco), but it has the pillow on both sides. This keeps you from having to move the pillow if you change sides during the night. Also, it's great support for your back...feels like a hug. Hubby usually winds up cuddling up next to the side by him.

I will warn you that this is something for a king size bed. I can't imagine having this in a full bed.

Whatever you wind up getting, I recommend you try BabyAge.com. Especially because of the size, some places really stick it to you on shipping. Right now BabyAge is offering $3.95 flat rate shipping on anything. You can't beat that!

http://www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productId=7449

Well, best of luck to you and the wife. You're doing a great job of taking care of her.

Take care -- TL

EDD: 05/15/04 - Twin Boys!!

tiffanyjill
01-08-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if anyone's still reading this thread or not, but I wanted to add my 2 cents to the purse. I bought a Snoogle pillow around month 3 of my pregnancy due to problems sleeping and back pain. I have been very disappointed. Every time I use the Snoogle, I wind up with aching muscles the next morning. Part of that may be because I'm used to sleeping on a curved neck pillow (after I had severe whiplash, the chiropractor recommended I continue using it). The Snoogle is meant to be your only pillow. It curves at the top and bottom. One curve is for your head the other for between your knees and then use the middle part either behind your back or in front of your tummy. I never have been able to get comfortable with it. Maybe if it were a bit firmer, I'd like it better. I am planning to try using it for breast feeding, though. Just wanted you to know that spending the money on a Snoogle might still leave your wife with problems. I may be in the minority here since it seems many people love their Snoogles.

Tiffany

Judegirl
01-11-2004, 02:28 AM
I got the BBB basic body pillow in my third month yes, I got big FAST!) and it's been very helpful for preventing me from rolling over when I don't want to, and for back pain. However, now that I'm even bigger in the belly (month 6), I'm finding it's not really firm enough for me. I really need to be propped by something that can hold my belly up. But if your wife isn't giving birth to a Subaru, which I apparently am, the BBB pillow should be fine. :)

Good luck!
Jude

bellkirk
01-19-2004, 05:20 PM
I am 9 months pregnant now, and I have been using a maternity mattress. When I was 5 months, I was getting a backache from sleeping on my side. The maternity mattress is a life saver. I even lay on it when I get home from work, it is just like not being pregnant. The mattress is two pieces. The outer mattress blows up like an aerobed, and a belly sized tube is in the middle that you blow up seperately by hand. The only place I could find a reasonably priced one was www.smartbargains.com, then search for "maternity mattress". It is only 39.99 plus shipping!

Jennamax
01-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I have a body pillow that looks exactly like the Snoogle that I bought from One Step Ahead (maybe it is a Snoogle - I'm not sure).

I can't use it - it's very uncomfortable for me to sleep on, and I wind up with a sore neck. It's nice for laying around in bed when I'm watching tv, and it may be useful for nursing in bed once the baby is here, but for now it's in the closet because I just can't get comfortable with it.

I use a regular body pillow now, and that works much better for me.

shanknrehder
02-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I bought a 60" body pillow from the Company Store (www.thecompanystore.com). I don't know what I would have done without it. I also used a regular pillow or two under my head. Flipping over with the big belly and getting resettled in bed was much easier to do with just one big pillow. It relieved so much strain on my hips and propped up the big belly nicely.

The Company Store has down and synthetic down (Primaloft) versions, in different lengths. I was fortunate to live near an outlet, but they seem to be having a sale right now on both versions. The down one is dry clean only, and the Primaloft is machine washable. However, they also sell pillowcases for these, so they probably wouldn't actually need to be washed often, if ever.

Oh, for the record, I had the Primaloft one. It was a great find at their outlet in Madison, WI (less than $20, if I recall).

If it matters, dh and I and the pillow slept in a double bed until I was about 8 1/2 months along, then we bought the queen bed. Ahhh!

Good luck with the twins!
K.

>My DW is 5 months along now and sleeping is becoming an

snip!
>but was curious if anyone had recommendations on brand...
>
>Thanks (as always)
>R

melapin
12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
I bought my wife the nicer one from BB&B; she likes sleeping with it more than with me (just kidding).
She has had it for about 2 1/2 months and loves it.

ellies mom
12-11-2004, 05:03 AM
We bought a full body pillow but it just did not work for me. It was too bulky and quite uncomfortable. I went the multiple pillow route to I could "customize" the fit. I didn't just use bed pillows though. I used different shaped ones from a fabric store. Good luck to your wife, and to you too. I know I was quite piggish about the bed when I was pregnant, with no qualms about waking DH up to get him back onto his sliver of bed.

Calla
12-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Another satisfied Snoogle user here. I had first tried just a regular $10 Body Pillow, but found that it was really bulky and it didn't do anything to stop me from rolling on my back...

leslieg818
12-22-2004, 06:29 PM
It's the best $99. I have spent so far during my pregnancy.

I don't like sleeping on my side, so this lets me tilt a bit to the side comfortably.

It's shaped like a giant U so you have it behind you and you can put your leg on it in front. It's just been great, and I'll use it after the baby comes it's so comfortable.

Congratulations to you guys!
Leslie

Jennamax
12-23-2004, 10:29 AM
I loved my snoogle! It was the only way I got any sleep toward the end of my pregnancy.

usbears
06-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi,

We are 20 weeks and starting to look at the different body pillows. We are very interested in the BigV Pillow.

How did it work out for your wife through the rest of the pregnancy and did she unzip the middle part for nursing?

Thank you.

racerl1
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I have to Big V pillow and have been very happy with it. I have the one with the beads in it, so it is like a long bean bag. I find that the beads are cooler than regular pillows and don't make me sweat. I use it for sleeping and for propping my head up for reading or watching TV. Since I am still pregnant, I don't have any experience with nursing yet, but I don't think mine unzips in the middle.