PDA

View Full Version : Sharp edges on crib??

mcdermott
12-29-2003, 09:45 AM
We ordered the Sorelle Lynette crib from Buy Buy Baby recently which is a sort of box-shaped crib that has sharp angles on the two side boards. I'm concerned about when the baby gets older and can jump up and down in his crib that there might be some possibility that he can hit his head on one of theose angles?? Some sales people that we spoke with said this shouldn't be a concern because when the baby gets older and can stand up in his crib, you just lower the mattress and he won't be the same height as the side boards and won't be able to reach the sharp angles. Another sales person also said the same thing but did admit that the sharp angles made the crib slightly less safe than cribs with rounded edges. I like the look of the crib, but I certainly don't want it if there's a chance my baby could get hurt - could someone please give me advice or your personal opinions regarding this? Does someone have this crib also or a similar type of crib who could give me feedback?

Our other choice for a crib which has rounded edges is the Pali Mary crib, which is beautiful but costs almost $500...if anyone has this crib and recommends it highly, we might bite the bullet and get it. Any recommendations please? I greatly appreciate your help!