PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!! Sorelle or Pali??

mcdermott
12-30-2003, 12:47 PM
My husband and I Need to decide whether to get the Sorelle Lynette from Buy Buy Baby (which will take about 12 weeks to deliver and my due date is March 2, 2004) or the Pali Mary from Baby Fortunoff which will take 2 weeks to deliver (they have it in stock) but is $160 more in price. Is one company better than the other? Also, the Lynette has sharp edges and we'd be getting it in an odd color (Autumn?) but people seem to rave about Sorelle and I've heard there's bad customer service with Pali. Can anyone please help?

MartiesMom2B
12-31-2003, 09:00 AM
We have a Sorelle crib and we have had excellent customer service with them. We had a problem with the sliding crib rail and they sent a new one out via UPS when we first bought the crib. When we moved one of our screws was stripped and they sent it out to us for free. Their customer service is located in NJ and they are friendly. We received much better cs from them then the actual store that we bought it from.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mcdermott
12-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Thanks so much for your help!

Imperia
12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
We ordered a Pali Laurie after seeing all the other brands I just felt they were superiour, however, I have had trouble getting it in time (I am 37 weeks pregnant!) and I ordered it in plenty of time (almost 16 weeks ago). If the one you like is in stock and it's in fine condition I might go that way. The problems with Pali are usually ordering problems (my husband is an electronics engineer and he says he has problems with Italian companies getting parts too, they have "lax schedules"). People on this board who actually have Pali cribs seem to adore them; they think they are wonderful and durable, the company is a touch screwy though. So it would depend also on how much you trust the baby stor eyou buy from as they are the ones who SHOULD be dealing with Pali for you, the consumer.

I don't know much about Sorelle; I know we saw them and didn't either like or dislike them per se. I looked up the Sorelle model and it does seem to have square corners; I think the safety issue is your comfort level sort of thing. Most juvenile furniture has rounded edges (I looked at that on all my furniture) to protect little eyes etc from being poked. You may want to imagine a full sized toddler standing in the crib (at the lowest position) and imagine whther they could be poked somehow by the edges.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Imperia

amp
12-31-2003, 02:15 PM
I recommend you do a search on both of these brands in this forum. Lots of people, including myself, are very happy with our Sorelle cribs, but there are a few who ordered theirs who have not had good experiences with either the stores they purchased through or the company itself.

heidi_timms
01-01-2004, 01:16 AM
I love my Pali. It seems really nicely made. We still have ours all the way up for an infant, so I haven't used the rail yet, but so far I really like it. We also have the Combo dresser w/shelf on top of it. Our set is the color cognac and it's a really nice color for either a boy or a girl.

I didn't look at other brands because we got ours at a floor model sale, but I'm sure both are good choices.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

snowbaby04
01-07-2004, 01:43 PM
We have the Pali Renee and love it. It was tough to put together, as the Baby Bargains book says, but since then it has been beautiful and durable. No need to contact Cust Service, so I can't comment there.

In general, I wouldn't worry if you're not going to have the crib when you deliver in March. Very few people put their newborn directly in a crib anyhow, preferring to use a bassinet or similar item until the baby is a little larger, especially if you plan to breastfeed. So, I'd say to buy whichever one you like best and not let the 12 wks delivery time influence your decision.