PDA

View Full Version : Pali Sabrina or Pali Paula??

mcdermott
01-03-2004, 11:02 PM
I am a first-time mom who is having a boy in March and am trying to decide on a crib. I was interested in either the Pali Sabrina or the Pali Paula (the color would be in cognac). I think I've been leaning towards the Pali Sabrina (a Shaker style) since it seems more unisex (we'd like to have a girl later) and the Pali Paula (a sleigh style) seems more...feminine?? But is the Sabrina too plain? I'm not sure and would really appreciate anyone's opinion...thanks so much!

mommyj
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I love the Sabrina. I don't think it's too plain. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Pali cribs are beautiful.

mcdermott
01-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Thank you so much!

Imperia
01-04-2004, 07:22 AM
I am waiting for my Pali Laurie (in Congac!)to come (hopefully this week!) and I do find it somewhat feminine due to the scalloped edges along the sleigh style. That being said, I know a number of people who have plain sleigh styles (more like that Paula) for boys, and they look fine, it depends on how you "dress" the crib for one thing. The Sabrina is also nice, if you want a slightly simpler model. In my opinion they are botrh fine for a boy or a girl, just go which one you like best and feel most comfortable with!

Imperia

lmintzer
01-04-2004, 04:04 PM
We have a Pali Paula for our son. Ours is in the natural color. I don't think it looks too feminine at all since it is a plainer style sleight crib.

We have PB Kids Stars and Moon bedding on it (in white, blue, and yellow). We plan to use it for our younger baby boy's room as well (once our older son moves out of it) with PB Kids Safari Animals bedding.

We love our crib--it's one of my favorite pieces of furniture we've bought. You can't go wrong with either!

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Joshua, 11/16/03

LaurelC
01-04-2004, 04:15 PM
I am partial to the Pali Sabrina - we bought one yesterday. Ours is the natural with the cognac trim.

You really can't go wrong either way - both are beautiful.

heidi_timms
01-05-2004, 02:23 AM
I have the Pali Paula in cognac and honestly it could be used for either a boy or a girl. We have it for DD now, but I plan to use it for all of my children! It's the type of simple crib that can be dressed up for either sex.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Tondi G
01-10-2004, 11:27 PM
we have a Pali Sabrina crib and it is great!!!! Our DS is now two and half and still sleeping in his crib.. though he is really ready for a big boy bed! He has jumped up and down, climbed in and out this crib looks the same as the day we bought it! I have to admit too that I also climb into the crib with DS when he is going to sleep at night and it has held up to that test for quite some time.... my DH even got in and he is 200 lbs... it's indestructable!!! I highly, highly recommend the Pali Sabrina crib.... oh and ours is in Natural... works perfectly with our Rumble Tuff dresser and a bookcase from IKEA ... they look like a set!!!!!

Good Luck
~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01