PDA

View Full Version : Delta verona crib--anyone know anything about it?

Mommy of BB
01-06-2004, 09:39 PM
BRU has a new crib by Delta called the Verona. It's not currently available online, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know anything about this crib? I e-mailed Denise and Alan Fields who replied saying they would recommend it, but I'd also love to hear parent reviews.

Judegirl
01-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Is the crib you were looking at a basic white one? I've been looking at a crib online called the Verona, but it's by Childesigns, not Delta. (http://www.epinions.com/Childesigns_Verona_Crib_Cribs)

Childesigns has a higher rating (B+) in BB than Delta (B-). The lowest price I could find is $110, and I was really considering it because my crib budget is tiny. I decided against it, however, when I realized that it only has 2 mattress positions; that flexibility is important to me, I think, since my husband and I are slightly paranoid about safety but he is 10 inches taller than I am.

I hope this helps - if you've found another Verona and I'm wrong, my apologies!

Good luck,
Jude

Mommy of BB
01-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for your reply! We ended up buying the verona crib yesterday at BRU. It is a new Delta crib but I had e-mailed Denise and Alan Fields for advice on it and they actually recommended it. The link is http://www.deltaenterprise.com/cgi-bin/delta.pl?Page=4885. We got it in white for about $275. A little more than we wanted to spend but we felt that it was one of the few lower-end cribs that felt sturdy and had all the features we wanted (white finish, casters, multiple mattress position, single-hand drop side). Plus we really liked the styling. My older sister has had two white Delta Jenny Lind cribs (her girls are 14 mos apart) and swears by them. The only reason we didn't go with that one is because we preferred not to have the trigger-release drop side, but if you can deal with that you can save a ton of money.

newmama4172004
01-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Thanks for your info. You really helped me out a lot. I really wanted a different crib, but can't spend the extra $ on it. I am considering the white, Delta Jenny Lind crib. I'm so glad your sister would reccommend it b/c I wasn't sure. The only drawback for me as well is the double trigger thing which is not what I wanted. I read though from someone on the BRU site that when they took the baby out of the crib they just left it down then so that way when it was time to put the baby back, it was already down, so, I guess that's what I'm going to do. Anymore advice would be great! Thanks!

aggie202
01-03-2005, 09:40 PM
To Mommy of BB:

Regarding the Delta Jenny Lind cribs your sister has. . .do you know if moving the side up and down is on the noisy or on the quieter side? I'm considering it for #2.

Thanks!

Mommy of BB
01-04-2005, 08:01 AM
My sister never complained about the Jenny Lind cribs at all. She loved them. She's about to have #3 and is going to buy another one. My parents have one at their house too and we used it over Christmas and had no problems with it at all. Our son is 7 months old now and we still like the crib we have (the verona) but, hindsight being 20-20 and all (and now that bills for daycare, diapers and formula are piling up), we probably should have bought the less expensive one. Our son is a moderately light sleeper and wakes up every time we lay him down anyway, regardless of how loud or quiet the furniture is!!!!