PDA

View Full Version : Free/discount shipping online

Mommy of BB
01-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know any tricks for getting free/discounted shipping rates when shopping online? Most likely we'll be buying from Babies R Us, Walmart.com and Target. I've heard of websites with discount codes that allow you to get free shipping at other sites. Any ideas?
Thanks!

HallsofVA
01-12-2004, 10:59 AM
When I first started buying baby stuff in September, I joined Babycenter.com's babycenterplus. Not only does it give you access to baby information, birth forums, a subscription to Parenting magazine, and discounts at other retailers, but it also lowers the minimum purchase for free shipping to $50, and also gives you 2 or so bonus discounted shopping sprees a year. I bought a bunch of my stuff from them. They've had good sales on the things I've needed, have regularly run other discount sprees, and had their first member spree after thanksgiving that gave me another 15% off the entire order. I've been most impressed with their shipping, but that may be partly due to us being located in the same state (VA), though at opposite ends. I placed an order at 5am on the Friday after thanksgiving, and the first box was on my door the next day (Saturday) having arrived via FedEx.

Babycatalog.com has a similar member program, but I'm not sure about the free or reduced shipping.

Babiesrus, toysrus and walmart have all offered sales with free shipping for minimum orders (or during the holidays)in recent months.

Regarding coupon codes, I generally type in the name of the retailer I'm looking for, plus "coupon code" into the Google search bar and generally get productive hits.

hwin708
01-12-2004, 04:34 PM
This is the site I use to check for any internet discount codes available.
http://www.currentcodes.com/

mrmansmom
01-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Depending on what you purchase babyuniverse.com often has free shipping. I think it's usually for larger items like strollers and highcharis and carseats. I recently purchased a car seat and highchair and got free shipping. There's nothing to join- the items will say 'Free Shipping' beside the name or on the info detail page. Also, barebabies.com has free shipping on all orders over $99.

FWIW, I've had trouble with babycenter.com shipping things in a timely manner. The last time it happened (and I'll not order form them again) they said that they use a mailing service that sorts the packages and then sends it for them. My package was coming from VA to NC and it took 2 WEEKS to get here- not in the high traffic holiday season either.

LBK
07-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Just in case anyone is still checking this thread (!), I've found some good deals at couponmountain.com--for all kinds of retailers, not just baby items.

scottandticia
04-06-2005, 10:58 PM
www.couponcabin.com is GREAT! Happy shopping!