PDA

View Full Version : Storkcraft dresser

tamipayne
01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I was looking at Walmart.com and saw they have a Storkcraft dresser and combo unit. It's only available on line and not in the stores. Does anyone have any opinions on this furniture? I always like to see things before I buy them and would appreciate any feedback, good and bad. Thanks!

hc
01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Funny you should mention Storkcraft dresser. I just placed an order for the 3 drawer Beatrice dresser (in natural). There is no where local I can see it in person but considering it was only $197 including shipping (Livingincomfort.com) and suited all my needs (solid wood, metal glide, perfect height as a changing table), I bought it anyways. I should get it within the next few weeks. If interested, I can tell you about mine once I get it.

bambipetals
01-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks that would be great. I can't find any dealer around my area that carries them. I was interested in their Beatrice combo dresser and 3-drawer dresser as well.

jillc
01-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi Ladies,

Check E-bay before you buy. I have seen new dressers which look identical to the Storkcraft one on Ebay on several occasions. I was told by seller that the maker is Sweet Pea Baby. Not sure what colors are currently available. There have been lots of them on Ebay in cherry. I haven't purchased yet, so I can't speak for the quality or the service of the seller. Just wanted to let you know - seems like the Ebay ones might be another option.

Good luck.

Jill

hc
01-23-2004, 11:53 AM
It actually took less than a week to get my dresser (livingincomfort.com).

http://www.livingincomfort.com/storbeat3dra.html

here's a picture:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2310463&cat=96112&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A86325%3A96112

I ordered it last Wednesday and got it earlier this week. We just put it together. It took little over an hour. It's the 3 drawer chest in natural and it looks beautiful. I love it! I am so glad I ordered it even though I was nervous about ordering it unseen. Now I am even thinking of buying a 5 drawer chest too. There's even a nice looking armoire for only $270 with free shipping:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dmart2/bearfrshbyst.html

Here's more info on it: It said it is solid wood but the inside part of the drawers look like laminated high density wood and the back is just a thin board. The rest is solid wood. All the same to me since it looks very sturdy (~70 lbs). I don't even think I need to anchor it to the wall (it comes with parts to do this to prevent tipping.) Just looking at the assembled piece, it looks to me like a nice quality solid piece of furniture, but then again I'm no furniture expert. For $197 though, I'd say it looks great and is a great bargain.

I did a lot of shopping for nursury furniture and I would say compared to all the stuff I saw at my local stores (babiesrus, babydepot, baby's room), this Storkcraft Beatrice dresser was the best buy. It is perfect for storing baby clothes while the height is ideal for a changing table. I chose not to get the combo unit since I think they look too baby-like for use afterwards but for those who want a combo unit, I would definitely recommend this Beatrice line from Strokcraft.

Hope this info is helpful. Let me know if there are any more questions.

smxt
03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I just got a storkcraft crib, 5-drawer dresser, combo and hutch and I really have mixed views. The dresser is fabulous and I have no complaints. The combo has some wear and tear from shipping that I find unacceptable. Additionally, there are some dents that have been filled in with wood putty that poorly matches the cognac finish and won't last long. The top of the hutch has a large crack in it and one of the spindels on the crib is broken. There are issues with the finish on each of the crib pieces. In the packaging Storkcraft says they will replace anything that is damaged, but surely they will balk when I tell them I need almost every piece of the crib replaced. I will keep you updated. I will give storkcraft credit that the dressor is very sturdy and I couldn't be happier with that.