PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Crib and Teen City in NJ?

Judegirl
01-12-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking of taking a trip out there, but it's going to be a fairly decent inconvenience. Is it worth it? Going to the main warehouse isn't that big a deal, but the clearance center is only open on Saturdays, when I don't have the car, so dh will have to drive 3-4 hours round trip to shuttle me back and forth.

They sell Canalli cribs (made by the same maker in Italy as Sorelle), and the clearance center is supposed to have markdowns of 70-80%. For all I know, though, they don't have cribs on clearance, or they only sell floor models (I don't have a truck!)

It's only a machine at the number...can anyone speak from experience abouth the selection and prices of the store or the clearance center?

Thanks a million; I'm running out of time to order a crib!

Jude

Imperia
01-12-2004, 07:56 PM
You might want to read this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=6256&mode=full

It talks about Crib and Teen City and Canalli.

Imperia

NYmom2be
01-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Here is another one to check out.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=5562&mesg_id=5562&listing_type=search

Judegirl
01-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Egads. Thank you both SO much for the heads-up; I had no idea!

I'll probably check out the clearance center, and if and only if I'm walking OUT with something THAT day, I'll consider buying. With 3 months to go, I'm not taking any chances - the crib is the only place for our baby to sleep!

Thank you again - I could have gone down a very frustrating path!

:)
Jude

1stbaby
01-14-2004, 01:35 AM
I just read all the messages regarding Crib and Teen City. We live in Florida and have a brand new store here. The owners seemed very nice and informative, and after doing all the research on cribs and furniture, we decided to purchased the entire set from them. However, just like the mentions, we will have to wait for the furniture. Now that I've read the posts, I'm a bit nervous about dealing with this company. We gave a small deposit which is fully refundable, but if we don't get this set, I don't know which others to look at. It seemed like a fairly good price in comparison to the other lines.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I still have some time to make the proper changes.

Michelle
Baby boy due in June 2004

sheebathecat
06-28-2004, 08:26 PM
just in the store-crib & teen city- got and handout from the manager with 'a' all over it, then got home and looked and they got a 'b' rating.

the manager says on the phone it was an error that i got that paper...that was the paper that was all over the store. also there website canallifurniture.com opens with the same information.

very deceptive. if your rating has slipped then don't lie about it. be truthful. i would have rather really known the reason the rating dropped then have people lie to me.

'mommy of baby s'

There reply:
What release of the Baby Bargains are you reading?

Steve Klein
Customer Service

My Reply:
version 5.1 copyright 2004 of course!!!! i have been told by your marlton manager there are 2 versions out...however a 2004 copyright is current as far as i am concerned and at the bottom of your flyer it states Rated #1. Nowever, in the book are you number 1. Your web page states it is from version 5, so mine is newer. Also, your blurb you copy from the book, is not complete and is abbrieviated right at the point where the negative begins. hmmm. now that takes the cake!

not that your care - obviously you don't - i have a bachelors degree in advertising and was appauled when i saw this. i would never let something like that get copied, printed or published without all the details.

you have a nice product, and got the 'b' for your service and delivery. i could have overlooked it. however, now i am more convinced than ever that i would not buy from you or recommend you.

emilye
06-30-2004, 03:25 PM
After reading all the postings I guess I got lucky with crib and teen city. At least I got my crib!
They had the crib we wanted in stock and it was delivered early.
I did have one problem with customer service. Since it was delivered early, I really did not pay too much attention to it other than to ooh and ahh over how beautiful it was. When I was setting up the baby's room this month it seemed loose. I called to say I felt it was not assembled correctly and I wanted them to come back out and look at it to be sure it was OK. The customer servcie woman said "Can't your husband just tighten it up?" I explained how the whole reason we had it assembled is becuase of the lecture the sales person gave that if we assembled it wrong our warranty would be void. Therefore, I did not want to start messing it because if there was somthing wrong with the crib, it was clear you would not take resposibility. She said "Oh we would never do that." Then she went on to say that they pay there delivery men a lot of money to come out and tighten screws. I said that I paid a lot of money for this crib and delvivery and set up and they should have done it correctly the first time. She put me on hold to speak with her mangager. Then came back on and said her manager agreed with her. I flipped. Needless to say the following Monday they were back tightening everthing and the assembly men reassured me everything was fine.

They lack customer service and just decent kindness. I think my crib is breath taking, but I would not rush to buy anthing else from them in the future.

mam615
06-30-2004, 07:47 PM
I can't speak to Canalli furniture or the C&TC clearance center, but I bought my Dutalier glider from Crib & Teen City on Rte 22 in Union NJ, and it was a pretty good experience. They quoted me 4 weeks for delivery and it came in about a week early as I recall. This was in the fall of 2002.

LBW
07-02-2004, 02:25 PM
I purchased a Pali crib and a Rumble Tuff dresser from the Springfield NJ store two years ago. They were delivered on time, colors matched perfectly, and the prices were good. So, I would recommend them. I've actually ordered a twin bed from them and expect to recieve it in a month or so.