PDA

View Full Version : crib search

sneill
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
This awesome book and trips to various baby stores have helped me decide on features I think are important in a crib, but I can't seem to find one crib that has them all. Help! I'm looking for sturdy wood contruction with:
--bolt on spring platform
--sliding rail with hidden hardware
--under crib storage drawer
To be honest, I'm not too picky about what the crib looks like. I would love it if it were a convertible model that could be used as a toddler or day bed, but that's not that important. Please let me know if you have any manufacturer/model suggestions. Thank you!

amp
01-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Check out Sorelle. We have a Sorelle Nico, but also considered the Rita. Both have a spring platform that attaches and lowers with nuts and bolts. Both have the hidden hardware, knee released side. Both have under crib storage drawer. We bought ours at USA Baby, but you can find them elsewhere. We've been very happy with ours! You can also do a search in this forum on Sorelle if you want more info from others who have purchased their product.

ETA: They convert to toddler beds by dropping the mattress to the lowest setting and removing the drop side completely. There will still be 3 other sides to the bed.

hc
01-15-2004, 08:45 PM
I bought the Sorelle (C&T) Rita crib which meets all your needs. I haven't put it together yet but when I saw it at the store, it was really nice and sturdy.

Also, I bought it for only $199 + tax at my local Baby's Room (USA Baby) because they matched Baby Depots price. (Although you'd have to pay shipping if you ordered it at Baby Depot.)

Here is the picture:

http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWStoreBCF.process?Merchant_Id=1&proc=IWCatProductPage&Section_Id=9524&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=323462

sneill
01-17-2004, 10:45 AM
thanks for your help! i thought when i viewed sorelle/c&t at BRU and Baby Depot that i saw an adjustable spring platform attached to the crib sides with a fold-able metal arm thingy (this seemed somewhat bouncy to me) and what i really want is an adjustable platform bolted on to the four posts. i will check again--perhaps what i saw was an old model.

Momof3Labs
01-17-2004, 08:46 PM
We have a Sorelle, and the mattress support is not at all bouncy. Nor is the support foldable. I think that you will have a hard time finding what you describe, and don't see that it would make a difference.

amp
01-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Actually, it does have the adjustable arms, but they *do* bolt into place at the four corners for each mattress level, so it isn't too springy or bouncy. Sorry if I mislead you.