PDA

View Full Version : Question for Sorelle Rita owners

bambipetals
01-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi,

Just wondering how you like your crib. As this is one of the finalist on my list. Also, a few questions.

How many height settings are there for the mattress?

Just to be sure, this is a metal mattress support right? No plywood?

Is everything included to convert it to a daybed?

Was it fairly easy to assemble? (It'll be just me doing it)

Thanks, I appreciate all the help. Crib searching is quite a task.

amp
01-18-2004, 11:55 AM
We almost bought the Rita, but went with the Nico instead. They are extremely similar, so I'll give you our experience. We love the crib! And the only reason we bought ours instead of the Rita was because it was in stock and the Rita wasn't. I think I'd be just as happy with it. Do a search on Rita in this forum and you will find a few people who own it if they don't respond here.

I believe it has 3 height settings, although I can't remember (and DS is napping so I can't check) if the lowest setting is the one for toddler bed conversion or if there is a lower setting for that. I assume the Rita and the Nico are consistent here.

They are both metal mattress support. They have metal springs that are attached to arms that bolt in at each setting.

They both convert to a toddler bed by removing the drop side. It will still have the other 3 sides.

The crib does not take a rocket scientist to assemble, but neither is it a breeze. DH and I did it together, and we ran into a difficult part or two that I'm not sure I'd have figured out alone. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out. When we bought ours, we had the option (from USA Baby, but lots of bricks and mortar stores do it) of having them deliver and assemble it for a fee. If I wasn't sure I could do it, I'd quickly opt to do it this way. I don't know if you were planning to purchase online or in person.

Good luck!

C99
01-20-2004, 01:36 AM
We also almost bought the Sorelle Rita, but ended up with the Sorelle Toscana instead.

There are 3 height settings for the mattress. But to be honest, we only used the top and the bottom setting and just skipped the middle one.

The mattress is supported by a metal frame and springs. The only plywood is on the undercrib drawer (which my husband broke on assembly -- we really only missed it during the first few months).

It converts to a toddler bed by taking off the drop side.

It was challenging to assemble, mostly because it looked like the directions were written by someone whose first language wasn't English and who didn't have a firm grasp of technical writing (i.e., it didn't always give you step by step instructions). There were also times when I had to hold two pieces while my husband screwed them together (I wasn't around when he was doing the drawer, which is probably why it broke in the process), so I'd get someone to help you assemble.

The crib is important, but it's such a minute piece in the whole parenting journey!